Is that your first in the singles Carl?

thirsty_monsta

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
done 3 readings today
1st was this morning 9.8
2nd was this morning 2 hours after breakfast 8.4 (i blame the sausages(ran out of bratwurst) and beans)
3rd was 2 hours after lunch 8.2

im quite happy with todays results 3 so far in single figures today

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
I'm not ... that is all down to you and your hard work Carl :)

You should soon start to feel a lot better ... if you aren't already :)

Reactions: 2 people

thirsty_monsta

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
you are right mike, i havent been thirsty or had any dizzy spells lately :) and for the icing on the top, im wearing a tee-shirt that has been too small for me for at least 9 months.. i was wearing a 3xl shirt, now im in a normal xl, so the diet is definately helping me

adriangoatseye

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Banks
I have read right thought this thread and am starting to think that getting diagnosed will not be as devastating as I did a few days ago (I am about to go for my second blood test which will decide my fate). A big well done to Thirsty_Monsta for his achievements. Watching him go from little knowledge to handing out advice is great. Thanks to all the other contributors as well because reading that certain foods can cause dizzy spells may explain a lot to me. I thought it was down to my body struggling with calorie cutting. Now I know it might not be. It was also great to get the testing thing understood (which is what I came on to ask) Great thread!

Reactions: 3 people

Neohdiver

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
i like the idea of having fried eggs and bacon for breakfast..dont think it would do my waistline much good though, thanks for your advice

If you swap fats for carbs, your waistline will likely thank you. I am limiting calories - but for most part I'm having a hard time imagining eating more once I lose all the weight I intend to lose. I don't eat bacon (it gives me cravings), but most days I eat 56-112 grams of cheese and at least 56 oz of nuts. I've lost 20 kg since October 2 eating 55-65% of my calories from fat (instead of carbs). My blood glucose is normal virtually all the time (since I'm not eating very many carbs).

If you're interested in learning an effective dietary means of controlling your blood glucose levels, wander on over to the Low Carb forum.

thirsty_monsta

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
before breakfast today my bg was 8.6 which i thought was good for a morning reading, but better still after lunch it was 6.4...still get a blip now and then but seems its getting back to reasonable levels

Reactions: 7 people