Hi new here. Feeling anxious.

DAISYLUNA

Hi Im 90 percent sure I have diabetes type two. Over weight middle aged and been drinking too much red wine. I am peeing all the time and drinking loads. Feeling tired and sometimes shaky. I have cut out all carbs and pretty much stopped drinking. Going to ring doctor in the morning and try getting a confirmed diagnosis. Just tested my blood myself in the middle of night as couldn't sleep it was 8.9. Any advice support would be greatly appreciated. Thankyou.

VashtiB

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello and welcome,

Obviously we can't diagnose you on here but if you are worried getting tests done is a good idea.

While you are waiting for the results- read around here. If you are diagnosed- it's not the end of the world despite how you may feel. I certainly felt like my life was over. But thanks to this site and the amazing people on here I have survived, I've lost weight, my blood sugar levels are under con troll. All in all I'm healthier with much less effort than before.

So don't be disheartened you have found the best place in the world for diabetics.

Let us know how the tests go.

DAISYLUNA

Thanks for getting back to me. I painted a pretty picture of myself there! Can I just ask how long until you started to feel better?

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Could just be the alcohol, which is a diuretic.
Most people do seem to eat carbohydrate as though it was an essential part of their diet, which we are encouraged to think of it as, and many would feel a lot better, and be a lot thinner too if they cut back. I tried to eat low carb for decades before diagnosis but was always told how dangerous it was. Yeah - right.
Hopefully you will be able to get a test done quickly and get the results some receptionists guard test results like a dragon on gold. Maybe ask for a telephone consultation with the doctor, or for your results to be notified if they will do that at your surgery.

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Im 90 percent sure I have diabetes type two. Over weight middle aged and been drinking too much red wine. I am peeing all the time and drinking loads. Feeling tired and sometimes shaky. I have cut out all carbs and pretty much stopped drinking. Going to ring doctor in the morning and try getting a confirmed diagnosis. Just tested my blood myself in the middle of night as couldn't sleep it was 8.9. Any advice support would be greatly appreciated. Thankyou.
You'll be okay, whatever way this pans out. Ask for a HbA1c test, and go from there. https://josekalsbeek.blogspot.com/2019/11/the-nutritional-thingy.html might help a little, but all in all... If you are diagnosed a diabetic, it really is not the end of the world. Take it as a new beginning. I know I was in a wretched state when diagnosed... Once I knew what the problem was though, I could do something about it. My life'll never be perfect, too many other issues for that, but diabetes is the most manageable thing I'm dealing with. So take a breath... You will be okay, and you're not alone. You've got this madhouse backing you up if something is going awry.

Hugs,
Jo

DAISYLUNA

Could just be the alcohol, which is a diuretic.
Most people do seem to eat carbohydrate as though it was an essential part of their diet, which we are encouraged to think of it as, and many would feel a lot better, and be a lot thinner too if they cut back. I tried to eat low carb for decades before diagnosis but was always told how dangerous it was. Yeah - right.
Hopefully you will be able to get a test done quickly and get the results some receptionists guard test results like a dragon on gold. Maybe ask for a telephone consultation with the doctor, or for your results to be notified if they will do that at your surgery.