Hi to all

Sparklebrightisright

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I dislike people who judge me for my weight i have lots of problems was born very premature which resulted in lots of health problems since i was little still affect me today.
I am not Happy @t all got bs down to
7 after injecting 40 units of insulin as
It wouldnt go below 13.6 last night and
Put on 2.5kg I am furious I want to
Loose weight not put it on.

Sparklebrightisright.

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Sparklebrightisright.
Insulin is a fat-storing hormone, that might explain the weight gain; more insulin, more gain? What are you currently eating?

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Sparklebrightisright.

Over what period is that weight gain? If it is overnight, or just a couple of days, it might just be worth keeping an eye on it.

I don't take any meds, and have good glucose control, but my weight can vary daily. I'm usually around 48.5kg, but I accept about 2kg variance on any given day or week.

Last night, with my meal, which was a bit later than usual, I had a mountain of broccoli as I was very hungry when I started. This morning, my weight was up by almost 1kg (just saying, I didn't have 1kg of broccoli, but it was a lot!). I'd bet money, it'll be down a bit tomorrow.

I don't sweat the variations.

If you are concerned, and obviously you are, then have a chat with your Doc or nurse - whoever helps you manage your diabetes.

Sparklebrightisright

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I dislike people who judge me for my weight i have lots of problems was born very premature which resulted in lots of health problems since i was little still affect me today.
I have said to my diabetes nurse and she said keep taking insulin to lower bs and get under better control then i might be able to add a weightloss med in about 2 weeks but that's 2 weeks away i could have lost weight without insulin i hate having diabetes i cannot cope with being overweight i detest it.

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
I have said to my diabetes nurse and she said keep taking insulin to lower bs and get under better control then i might be able to add a weightloss med in about 2 weeks but that's 2 weeks away i could have lost weight without insulin i hate having diabetes i cannot cope with being overweight i detest it.
I experienced a weight bounce when I first started insulin. Once my weight plateaued, I was able to something about it.