High blood sugar readings

CherryAA

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yippee !!! Day 4 who ever would have thought I'd get to day 4 without vomitting? I'm happy,excited,elated and all the other fab words I can't think of right now.i'm a bit miffed I tested 16-8 but I think part of this could be my body adjusting to keeping food in. Today's aim is an egg for breakfast and will try another at lunch and the same small amount of chicken I had yesterday.i'm trying not to let the high test results bother me too much as my main aim is to keep food in my tummy.hope everyone is as positive about their day as I am about mine.thankyou everyone, I couldn't have got this far without you x x x

CherryAA

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
well done you, Given your body is only now starting to get a tiny bit of nourishment, its not surprising its producing its on glucose to try and keep everything going. As you gradually eat more I am sure your body will start easing off a bit, but its bound to take time for both you and it to get used to more food.

onwards and upwards !!!

Last edited:
Reactions: donnellysdogs

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Great to hear!! Day 4!! Brilliant!!
Your body will slowly accept to sprting its nutrition to how you adjust it..
are you able at any point to add in an orange or green vegetable for a couple days?
This would give your body a small amount of different nutrition to what its currently getting. Its getting good nutrion from egg but it will be needing to a bit more variety at some point of vitamins to boost it in different ways..

There is a chap on this gorum that doesn't eat friit n veg but he does it a greater volume of mixed meats, cheeses etc that you currently can....

I'm not talking today, tomorrow or even this week etc but at some point in future you need to think of all round nutrition. Sounds a bit odd from me who eats next to nothing!!-lol:)) but on a long term basis you will need to think beyond the vomiting stage to how your small intestines, stomach,colon and bowel will handle foods.

You need to discuss this with GP and dietitian as food re introduction does need to be balanced..

Well done on day 4. Immensely proud of you and tge determinaton you are showing... blooming marvellous!!

Jogreen21

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I've just had a bad couple of hours but I'm ok now. Had a chat with Darren and he's put me in a better frame of mind. I was devastated to get a high reading when I tested earlier so all the bad feelings came flooding back like an avalanche. After testing 6-6 this morning . . . .single figures so I thought I'd done it but teatime result was 18-4 !!! How the blumming heck did that happen?? I was ready to give in.i felt like all my hard work had failed and the demon was back. I don't think it ever went away,it was just hiding. My tummy,my head,my mind was just not making any sense and I just wanted rid of the chicken and vegetables I'd struggled so hard to eat. I've never got so close to giving in. I cried so much I hurt everywhere.all because of a result. Darren told me to wash my hands and re test but the result was the same .I thought I'd cracked this bulimia but it was there again invading my body like a demon.i might have cried like a baby but I wasn't sick but I don't know where I found the strength. I don't know if I ought to test again before bed but it's day 6 tomorrow and I don't want to compromise that by getting another high reading and getting upset.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Aaaw Jo, my heart aches reading your post. It aches to read how the emotions can so overtake.

Very similar, and with partner help I have survived some desprate thoughts over readings and eating.
Last xmas day (T1) I woke to a level of 16.9. I did not want to inject or carry on. I was going through radiotherapy and hoslutals had messed up dayes etc too.. and I just sat in bed xmas morning sobbing. Absolutely distraught. I could barely eat a teaplate of mush at the time.

I really feel for you. I had those down moments too. Hubby uses distraction techniques with me... as suggested by my cancer therapist but its related to all angst.

You will get there. There are bound to be ups and downs on the way. The angst with some anorexics and bulimics never goes but its taking steps to minimise the stress and imploding bad feelings tgat blood levels and food etc
can leave us with...

You show hidden depths of strength and a great caring partner with Darren..