Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
In a word, yes ... but without history of anything relating to your diet and HbA1C records, pointless exercise isn't it?

stupot196908

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My nurse said if it goes to 15 or over I need to tell her but how when the doctors is closed just don’t know what to do now

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
FAR more detail needed. 15 is too high. Get your history in order and go thru it here and we'll help

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
If I am correct you were only diagnosed today so 15 down from the 30 mentioned elsewhere is good for now. Drink some water, go for a walk (10-20 minutes) check again.

Reactions: Prem51

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Your HbA1c records, when you were diagnosed, diet, drugs you've been prescribed, weight, exercise, other conditions ... everything

EDIT - Did not realise you were diagnosed yesterday

Last edited:

Terrytiddy

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bit brutal @Mike D with your reply. Firstly welcome to the group @stupot196908 Taging @daisy1 for her welcome information info for new members. If we know what your HbA1c result is, blood glucose. weight. medication etc we can help. You are in the right place for help, advice and support. So please ask as many questions as you like.:) We have all been where you are at the moment so we know how you feel.. You are not alone in this we are here to help.:happy:

rhubarb73

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
aubergine
Hello - so you are newly diagnosed and this all probably seems very confusing. Tagging @daisy1 who can provide some welcome info for new joiners.
You've come to the right place and there is lots of support available here.
Ask your doctor for a print out of your results - the Hba1c score is what you are looking for. If you are willing to share the info Mike has spelled out then people here can help you to make sense of it.
Then spend some time reading in the Newly Diagnosed section - you'll see lots of advice there and it is very consistent.
Ask lots of questions. I've personally come a long way in just a couple of months - so can you.

Reactions: Prem51 and Diakat

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Bit brutal @Mike D with your reply. Firstly welcome to the group @stupot196908 Taging @daisy1 for her welcome information info for new members. If we know what your HbA1c result is, blood glucose. weight. medication etc we can help. You are in the right place for help, advice and support. So please ask as many questions as you like.:) We have all been where you are at the moment so we know how you feel.. You are not alone in this we are here to help.:happy:

Your opinion to which you're entitled ... yet I notice you simply listed the same issues and questions as I've already done.

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Play nicely boys, newbie on board.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Welcome to the forum stupot. To get that reading down initially, as others have said drink plenty of water and go for a walk if you haven’t already. Then tell us what you plan to eat tonight and for breakfast tomorrow and we can advise if it’s suitable for you now you are diabetic.

Kittycat_7_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,
Good your BM has come down, you can phone 111 if your still worried. My figures were in the high twenties but with meds and diet have come down.
Stress can raise blood glucose, try not to worry.
Welcome to the forum
Here to help.
Take care

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Welcome to the forum @stupot196908. 15 is high. T2 diabetics should be aiming for readings between 4-7 mmol/L before eating, and no higher than 8.5 mmol/L two hours after eating.
Many of the T2s on here have found that adopting a Low Carbohydrate High Fat (lchf) approach to eating has lowered our blood glucose levels.
Have a read round the threads to see how this works and ask any questions you want. The people on here are friendly, and you will get a lot of good advice.

HICHAM_T2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Nothing
15.1 should I be worried? New to this
Hi and welcome here

I think I'm late in reply but I'll say something
I think this rise due to nuts it's high in carbohydrates
Mostly over 20 per cent. But there is no need to worry too much

Yes the measurement is high on the habit but there are several factors such as the duration of the measurement of the amount of the meal