High blood sugar

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Don't want to sidetrack this thread, but T2 here and proper hypo yesterday. 3.1 and going down until jelly babies followed by toast. Rarej but it can happen.

UsmanMo96

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
When I first joined this forum I read what other posters were doing to achieve their results.

The signature of other people is IMHO compulsory reading. Lots of inspiration was/is in abundance to edge us on to better manage our health issues.

Today my blood sugar has been better my lowest reading was 5.2 I am looking on loads of profile and learning.

UsmanMo96

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Don't want to sidetrack this thread, but T2 here and proper hypo yesterday. 3.1 and going down until jelly babies followed by toast. Rarej but it can happen.

Usually if I went low I would eat a whole bag of sweets. So hopefully if I get my blood sugars in control i can get of some of those drugs which cause the lows

poemagraphic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
WIFI, Mobile phones. Smart metres... in fact anything 'smart'
You will be able to reduce and perhaps in time stop some of your meds.

Will power and knowledge goes a long way to achieve great results

UsmanMo96

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You will be able to reduce and perhaps in time stop some of your meds.

Will power and knowledge goes a long way to achieve great results

I've got appointment booked with my gp I will discuss coming off gliclazide and going low carb. I'm due for hba1c test In november so I'll see where I'm at

poemagraphic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
WIFI, Mobile phones. Smart metres... in fact anything 'smart'
What are the total amount of meds you take per day, and how long have you been taking them?

For me what I eat is paramount to how well I control my T2. I am fully aware that if I drop my guard and revert back to my old way of eating my levels will rapidly go back to me needing more and more meds to 'just hold it where it is'

I did not have any faith that metformin was working for me. I was taking 2000mg a day. My A1c levels were over 100 as you can see in my signature.

You may need to stay on the Glic to achieve a good result for now. Perhaps you could reduce your dose as you see how well the low carb diet works for you, If you assure you Gp will keep a very close watch each day he might be more likely to let you give it a try.

... However you will, with determination an good diet planning re-evaluate things in time I sure.

Make haste slowly. The lower numbers are far more important than perhaps your need to come off all drugs..

I was determined to take back my life and be in control of doing so. I did not ask my consultant, doctor or DB nurse if I could reduce my insulin nor my Metformin I just watched the numbers fall after I went on a low carb high fat diet. I know for certain that 100% none of the health professionals I had contact with would have agreed with what I did.
It was, some might say reckless to take the path I choose to follow. All I would say is, it worked for me.