High protein ice cream

JonM1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Good tip. Thanks I'll try this. Bought stuff has a place when time is right. I do feel that diabetics are exploited on ready food costs though.

Generally I make my own iceceram with double cream, foraged fruit and Truia. Average carb perhaps 5g / 100g.

Reactions: Prem51

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks for this recommendation @lucas12 . When I read this post yesterday I added some to today’s Tesco shop. I had one earlier and they really hit the spot for my wanting a choc ice since my daughter mentioned Magnums the other day!

Reactions: SueJB

Zilsniggy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
You can make your own using a couple of egg yolks, double cream and a bit of vanilla extract, using whatever sweetener doesn't spike you. I make my own, add a bit of clotted cream for extra richness. About 6g carb per 150mls. You can get about 4 portions from that.

IanJGouGh

Does anyone know if they have stopped making this? I have been buying it for my wife but now I can’t find it. I have looked on the Breyers site with no luck.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Does anyone know if they have stopped making this? I have been buying it for my wife but now I can’t find it. I have looked on the Breyers site with no luck.
Tesco. com has 4 flavours currently half price :)