High readings

oldmike32

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Over the last few weeks I have had a constant thirst and readings of 18 up to 20 both fasting and pre/post meals I am on 1000mg of Metformin twice a day and 35mg jardiance(empagliflozin) am advice please
Thanks

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Contact your Dr - unless you are eating lots of carbs each day and then I can only advise stopping that and eating low carb, as a plain ordinary type two should see low BG if eating low carb, and higher than normal BG indicates problems ahead if not investigated.

sgdunn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Over the last few weeks I have had a constant thirst and readings of 18 up to 20 both fasting and pre/post meals I am on 1000mg of Metformin twice a day and 35mg jardiance(empagliflozin) am advice please
Thanks

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. Make sure you are having a low level of carbs. If you are slim and possibly lost weight recently without trying it's possible that you are T1 (LADA) and not T2. If so then do ask the GP for the two tests. If the levels continue to go up into the 20s and stay there you should probably go to A&E.

Emile_the_rat

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Insulin
Agree with others.

Call your dr first thing, you can’t go with such high levels. Many people with type 2 diabetes has to start on insulin therapy to lower their blood sugar.

Best wishes :)