Ho, ho, ho Merry Christmas from....

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Me!
But today, I noticed that our wonderful government has given me a chrimbo bonus in my pension payment.
The wife also got this chrimbo bonus as well, with her PIP payment.
So very grateful!
We now know we can afford a meal in the next two weeks!

Hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas, especially if you are one of those deserving front line workers.

PS. It was £10 each!

Unbelievable!

filly

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Spicy food which is too hot. Nasty people who have no idea on your life journey but feel the need to comment and be cruel.
My overseas stamps for Christmas cost £21 so £10 didn't go far...lol

Reactions: Melgar and Lamont D

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
To those of us with little ✻cash✻ ..£10 makes all the difference.
I know! However, as with everything lately, the government don't understand that it is not enough.
They can line the pockets of the super rich, while penalising the poor and disabled by cutting all the benefits and pensions.

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Lamont D, so are you saying you were paid the aged pension (I do not know the poltically correct or woke words for the pension) twice in December?

I have received two payments from the UK government via Direct Credit Citibank Europe in December, please do not ask what they are for as I will not disclose what they are for.

Its the first time ever it's happened. :joyful:

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Yes, it is the old age government pension. To qualify for it you have to be 66.
You only get paid the one every four weeks, so there is thirteen, four week payments a year.
As in other countries, such as in Ireland @PenguinMum says, do get a double payment.
The UK pension is insufficient. It has dropped in real terms for well over a decade. Many who don't have other pensions can claim pension credits, but even that is derisory!I
We have so much poverty amongst pensioners. It's an absolute disgrace. Never mind the child poverty, fuel poverty absolute poverty inherently caused by Tory dogma.
Even working parents on basic money have to use food banks he charity to feed themselves and theme children.
The strikes the country is having is because of those front line workers not getting justifiable annual wage increases. Nurses wages have dropped 20% in a decade under the Tories. So much for our heroes of the pandemic!
My kids and partners all worked through the pandemic on the front lines. They have had to find other work bar a couple to be able to afford a family life. One is a nurse, one a teacher, two are in council work, one is a store manager, one in another shop, they cannot afford this government or its policies!

I know what poverty is like. It is a disgrace on all those politicians who have condemned millions into poverty.

Rant over

Reactions: Nicki70

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes, it is the old age government pension. To qualify for it you have to be 66.
You only get paid the one every four weeks, so there is thirteen, four week payments a year.
As in other countries, such as in Ireland @PenguinMum says, do get a double payment.
The UK pension is insufficient. It has dropped in real terms for well over a decade. Many who don't have other pensions can claim pension credits, but even that is derisory!I
I have had the double payment 13 month in October this year, I was wondering what it was for as it has never happened before.

The payment has never changed since I have been getting it for, the UK gov pays me in £ sterling, it gets changed to Aus dollars by Citibank. So it changes every month because of the current rate of exchange.

Reactions: Lamont D