Holawhackamola

• Thread starter Diabeticliberty
  • Start Date
D

Diabeticliberty

This morning at 7.30am late for work again I cut myself whilst shaving in the shower. I never usually cut myself. A blood test of course revealed just why. Safety razors for me in future perhaps? Obviously the drive to work was delayed until I was able to bring things back to something like a normal Monday morning. It did however take some work as this one was a real stubborn pig.

Reactions: NicoleC1971
D

Diabeticliberty

Oh my word. I have just looked in the mirror and appear to have shaved off half of my right eyebrow.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Wow. That is a bad one.

How are you feeling now?

D

Diabeticliberty

Wow. That is a bad one.

How are you feeling now?

Self conscious about the fact that every time someone speaks to me my hand migrates over my eyebrow in a vain attempt to cover up one of my shaving misadventures. Oh yes and a headache too

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Distract them from the eyebrow.
Get a ragged piece of white toilet paper, dab blood onto it, and stick it over the eyebrow.
They will never guess there is no hair underneath.

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Are you saying you shave in the shower with a cutthroat razor?

Reactions: Prem51
D

Diabeticliberty

Distract them from the eyebrow.
Get a ragged piece of white toilet paper, dab blood onto it, and stick it over the eyebrow.
They will never guess there is no hair underneath.

I am absolutely 100% proud of you for that one. I post a joke on the Forum every morning. I doubt whether all my jokes laid end to end would raise as much of a laugh as this one did from me :)

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
well done for coping with that low a number!! I on the other hand would be in bed feeling like the world had come to an end, and thinking I had man flu!!! both equally bad in my humble opinion. I would just say I had been attacked by a squirrel that had ran off with my eyebrow!!!

Reactions: Prem51

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @Diabeticliberty . You post some really funny stuff but I swear I didn't laugh at this one. Not at first, but on reading on it did raise a smile when I realised you had managed to survive your hypo.
Shaving in the shower is a brave move in itself, you could have lost more than an eyebrow.
Only a suggestion but how about shaving both eyebrows off and telling everyone it improves drag resistance on the bike.

Hope the day hasn't been to bad, getting over a low like that is tiring as we know.

D

Diabeticliberty

Hi @Diabeticliberty . You post some really funny stuff but I swear I didn't laugh at this one. Not at first, but on reading on it did raise a smile when I realised you had managed to survive your hypo.
Shaving in the shower is a brave move in itself, you could have lost more than an eyebrow.
Only a suggestion but how about shaving both eyebrows off and telling everyone it improves drag resistance on the bike.

Hope the day hasn't been to bad, getting over a low like that is tiring as we know.

Thanks T, the joke was nearly on me and a little bit permanent. In work I just wanted to curl up and sleep but couldn't. Got home and wanted to curl up but the dawg wanted her evening 5 mile jaunt. Have just showered and eaten and to be perfectly frank I think I may now just curl up because finally I actually can. As for shaving both eyebrows off I think you might have come up with a solution. The problem is I might get addicted to it and start doing it at weekends too . Thanks for your reply. It's good to have friends, particularly ones who understand exactly how it all works and what can happen when it doesn't work quite so well :)

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I love your jokes as they start my day on a happy note but shaving off your eyebrows could be a step too far if your work is on the serious side. Hope you are feeling better now and if you must shave in the shower then perhaps a mirror? Just saying really.

D

Diabeticliberty

To all of you kind and thoughtful enough to show concern for my unfortunate situation yesterday, you have my very real thanks. It is very easy to feel that we face our condition alone and in isolation even with friends and family around us who don't really understand our condition. Let's face facts, why should they? Your replies do demonstrate to me that we are never alone and that there are many around us ready to extend the hand of warmth and friendship all we really need to do is ask :)