Holidays

Jackalina

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I was on holiday for 2 weeks in the sunshine, I walked for miles every day, drank lots of water and ate and drank some things I wouldn't have here but not excessively. Result, lowest fasting readings I have ever had, and never above 7.5 any other time. Have been home for a week and am being quite good regarding diet and the readings are up again. I can't figure this out.

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
More than likely down to stress.....a good holiday relaxes you, then it's back to the same old, same old........think about it.

Ken

Jackalina

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I realise stress doesn't help but I don't have a stressful life. I was slightly stressed while I was on holiday because I was worried about volcanic ash perhaps delaying our return because my daughter is expecting her first baby on 1st June. May be more stressed than I realise about the birth though!

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
We can't diagnose..........however, you sound quite stressed to me........ :lol: :wink:

Ken

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Jackalina said:
I was on holiday for 2 weeks in the sunshine, I walked for miles every day, drank lots of water and ate and drank some things I wouldn't have here but not excessively. Result, lowest fasting readings I have ever had, and never above 7.5 any other time. Have been home for a week and am being quite good regarding diet and the readings are up again. I can't figure this out.

I would say it was a case of you walking for miles in the heat, the combination of the two would certainly help reduce your bg levels.

Nigel

Synonym

Dislikes
Having no energy as this is so limiting.
noblehead said:
I would say it was a case of you walking for miles in the heat, the combination of the two would certainly help reduce your bg levels.

Nigel

I would second that Jackalina. :)

As for stressing about the baby arriving very soon - why? You aren't the one giving birth this time so enjoy! :D 8)