Hot flushes after eating?

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you for the replay. But where should I start a new one? Don’t know anybody who would have even a similar symptoms...

You can but ask. Go to the list of forums (tab at the top of the page), pick a suitable forum, click on it and you will see a green banner top right that says Post New Thread. Then off you go.

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I posted here a couple years ago, had the massive sweats after eating as well. Type2, on 1000mg metformin 2x daily with am numbers up in mid to high 200's. Going to smaller more frequent meals, except a big bowl of cooked or raw greens when I crave them the sweats have decreased from a 12 to a 2 and very infrequently. The other thing mentioned is the grit in the eyes, that's gone. I no longer take OTC allergy meds and am on lisinopril. Red meat, is okay as long as it's not more than four ounces, and not a lot of cheese. I'll have to check out the blue cheese. My numbers are now in very low 200's and often below 200 and I've lost about 20 lbs over the last 10 months. Am coming off lisinopril soon as BP is in the normal range.

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I posted here on this topic a couple years ago. Still doing low carb, more lots more veggies, but no more Keto, and NO more meat sweats. Not so hot sleeping either. YAY !!!

Sarah69

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anything healthy!
I get a hot sweaty head/face when I eat cheddar!

km4487

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I posted here on this topic a couple years ago. Still doing low carb, more lots more veggies, but no more Keto, and NO more meat sweats. Not so hot sleeping either. YAY !!!

Great to hear! I've lowered my carb intake too and I feel much better all round. But chocolate still makes my face hot mist have a slight allergy

TriciaWs

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
My sister developed this in her early 60s, she is not diabetic. Most likely in evening when she eats a bigger meal. It seems more common in post-menopausal women?