How can i put on weight or maintain my weight?

BAZZA_P

Im type 2 - Diagnosed 10 weeks ago - since ive cut down on carbs i cant stopping dropping in weight - trouble is i wasnt overweight - I was 67kg and now ive dropped to 63kg - Is it normal with Diabetes to keep dropping in weight?, I mean well will it stop?

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Bazza I am a skinny type 2 I had lost alot of weight before I was diagnosed so I have been battling to put weight on, the only way seems to be to up the calories .I eat full fat everything cream and cheese etc also you need to eat more meals if you can and snack on things like nuts Brazils are good .I know some who are trying to lose weight envy us :mrgreen: but it is quite difficult to put weight on :!:
CAROL

ailz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Dislikes
people that make me panic. Racism - in fact most 'isms'
I'm trying to lose weight, but I do find that 2 slices of Burgen Soya and Linseed bread put weight on me. I eat 60 grams of carbs a day - keeping mainly to low density ones to lose weight. I'd suggest going for a few of the denser carbs - like bread, with butter or olive oil, brown rice, barley quinoa - which should be okay for your blood glucose - you need to keep on testing to check - but those who are trying to lose weight are recommended to avoid.

Cheers & Good luck

Ailz

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I lost 1/2 stone immediately before being diagnosed but it did stop and I've been 61Kg for a few years now (I'm a 66 yr old male). Some of us don't have the 'typical' insulin resistant Type 2 symptoms and I suspect the cause of this 'Type 2' is different from the more common 'overweight' Type 2. Fortunately the treatments tend to be similar across the range. I tend to concentrate on eating fats & proteins to try to keep my weight steady whilst keeping the carbs somewhere in the middle to keep my BS from going too high