How do you stop Sunburn hurting.

• Thread starter Deleted member 538891
  • Start Date
D

Deleted member 538891

Hi to all,

I went to my daughters today for a pizza party and and i have Sunburn bad on my right knee all pink and swollen and a bit on my left knee and my face neck a bit of my left knee.
Also been in swimming pool aswell with grandkids which was fun i have put aloe vera gel on not helped.

And to make things worse i have phyiso in the morning what can use to ease the pain dont think iam going to get much sleep.

Sparklebright62.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
It is an actual burn, so gentle shower of cool water, a cloth soaked in cool water and keep applying it to calm it down.
Do not rub as you can take the damaged layer clean off and expose the layers beneath.

Reactions: elleyouer

Hertfordshiremum

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi to all,

I went to my daughters today for a pizza party and and i have Sunburn bad on my right knee all pink and swollen and a bit on my left knee and my face neck a bit of my left knee.
Also been in swimming pool aswell with grandkids which was fun i have put aloe vera gel on not helped.

And to make things worse i have phyiso in the morning what can use to ease the pain dont think iam going to get much sleep.

Sparklebright62.
Do you have any sudocreme? I am sure it says this is good for sunburn and it’s a bit thicker than gel probably would stay on all night

D

Deleted member 538891

Hertforshire Mum

Thankyou for your Suggestion for Sudocream i now have too white knees feels better than it did will see whats its like in the Morning.
You are a Star i didnt think of that.
I still feel really hot this weather is too hot for me.

Thanks again

Sparklebright62.

Reactions: Hertfordshiremum

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
How do you stop Sunburn hurting.

I have used Soov Burn 200m from my pharmacist, but your best bet is to "slip, slop, slap" and use 30 plus sunscreen next time for you and your grandkids.

Reactions: sleepster

Hertfordshiremum

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hertforshire Mum

Thankyou for your Suggestion for Sudocream i now have too white knees feels better than it did will see whats its like in the Morning.
You are a Star i didnt think of that.
I still feel really hot this weather is too hot for me.

Thanks again

Sparklebright62.
No problem, I too have learnt from experience! Glad that’s working better. Yes it’s too hot for me too. Always makes my blood glucose rise, I am struggling today to keep around 10 and have had to take extra insulin twice today, drinking water now and hoping my BG of 13 despite not eating much today will drop by 2 or 3 before I try and sleep!

Barry05

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi to all,

Sparklebright62.

Barry05

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Rub a tin of tomatoes into your skin... This is the cheapest and easiest way that sure beats paying out for all those creams and stuff.
Spanish remedy.

LaoDan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term “new normal “
100% aloe lotion is what I use. Avoid the stuff with alcohol. I live on the equator, I’m always getting torched

D

Deleted member 538891

Hi to all,

I put aloe vera on last night didnt help just made it warmer irs not hurting now just very pink i will make sure i use suntan cream next time grandkids were fine they had factor 50 on it was just me that is all pink still.
Thanks for all the info.

Sparklebright62.

LaoDan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term “new normal “
Hi to all,

I put aloe vera on last night didnt help just made it warmer irs not hurting now just very pink i will make sure i use suntan cream next time grandkids were fine they had factor 50 on it was just me that is all pink still.
Thanks for all the info.

Sparklebright62.
The stuff with alcohol can do that. I cover myself with a thick layer, in the dark… I can feel every photon radiating like a thousand suns..

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Rub a tin of tomatoes into your skin... This is the cheapest and easiest way that sure beats paying out for all those creams and stuff.
Spanish remedy.
Eating a lot of tomatoes might help as they are the main source of lycopene which is thought to give some protection from sunburn. Rubbing tomatoes on the skin doesn't sound like a good idea as tomato juice is an astringent and it would remove natural oils. I have experience of a large tomato being rubbed on someone on a Spanish beach but that was to reduce the pain from a jellyfish sting and it worked.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Every year when I go to service the knitting machines at the local University it brings on a heatwave - but I think this year is the hottest yet - the buildings are like ovens.
The staff areas are not air conditioned, all the student areas are - but it isn't turned on. I can see trouble ahead. They have put up with a lot during a long period of building and refurbishment work, and now they are being roasted.

D

Deleted member 538891

Hi to all

Well i have a really sore back and my knees are still pink i have just taken some pain killers or i wont get any sleep i am still hot had a glass full of ice to try to cool down.
Hate this Hot Weather.I need an Ice Machine.

Sparklebright62