How Early?

Knitter

I am almost 31 weeks and at my growth scan my boy was measuring above the 95th percentile. At my hospital they have said that they will not let me go beyond 38 weeks however if his growth continues at this rate how early are they likely to induce/give a section?

My blood control is reasonably good ( 6.4 long term) and I have worked to get it lower, he is showing no signs of distress and my fluids etc are good. On insulin and metformin already and it is tweaked to keep my levels under control.

Hobs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Argumenative barstifferous (new word *lol*) types who think that they know everything *wink*
As a father of three girls many years ago, I really do not have any idea, but I sincerely hope all goes well for you and to plan :D

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Bumping this up in the hope someone will have an answer for you :)

Truffle

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Someone who knows it all.
Although it was back in the dark ages (15 years ago) my son was on the 98th percentile. The hospital were reluctant to induce him earlier than 38 weeks unless there was a significant medical risk to him. The hospital did a measurement scan when I was 39 weeks and confirmed that he was over 10lbs and therefore they would induce him early. I asked for a C section - which was refused - and they decided to induce him! However, he decided otherwise and regardless of all the meds they could give me he was finally born 4 days later by C section.

He was a very healthy 10lbs 2oz!

mrsguiseley

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi Knitter,

I'm almost 33 weeks pregnant and my baby is now well and truly off and over the curve on the growth chart! The baby is bigger as both my husband and I are tall, rather than due to my blood sugars, which have been under very tight control since before conception. My hospital team aren't concerned and will be letting me go until 38 weeks for induction as planned. Good luck!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App