1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2022 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

How long are you on LCHF diet?

Discussion in 'Low-carb Diet Forum' started by Gsp, Oct 4, 2020.

1. lucas1986

lucas1986 · Member

Nearly 3 years and have run 3 marathons on it :)

2. johnnyangel

johnnyangel Type 2 · Member

I've been on a lchf diet combined with if for about a year now. I've lost 28 lbs and my a1c has gone down from 7.4 to 5.5. I'm on 2000mg of metformin a day plus glicazide.

3. clare56

clare56 Type 2 · Member

I started with the 8 week blood sugar diet and sort of carried on for several months. I ' reversed' my diabetes in about 3 months - and all was well for about a year. However, after that, I put back most of the weight I'd taken off and relaxed the low carb diet, resulting in the return of a diabetes diagnosis this summer. Since August I've been back on LCHF and today received the results of another HbA1C test which puts me on the cusp of normal / pre-diabetic. I think I have to stick to low carb, although I've found I can have a week 'off' as long as I go straight back on to low carb afterwards.

• Like Like x 2
  4. andromache

andromache · Well-Known Member

Not sure. Three years or so? My system runs so much better on mainly low-carb, real food - I can't imagine wanting to eat any other way. And it is all so delicious! Sometimes I flirt with the idea of going seriously low-carb, as in keto, but quite honestly, I'm getting most of the health results I want with a less stringent regime, so it seems a good balance for me.

• Like Like x 1
  5. WackyJacky64

WackyJacky64 Prefer not to say · Well-Known Member

I gave up and started eating whatever i want , been walking about four hours daily and blood sugars normal . Life better without restrictions .

6. KennyA

KennyA Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

One year and three weeks - eating meat and dairy. Roughly based on 20g/day from veg/pulses. Some days more, most days less.

• Winner Winner x 2
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook