How long did it take you to get into optimal ketosis?

Tswa

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi all!
I've been searching on the internet for this, I've been eating less than 40g carb a day (closer to 30g most days) for a week, ketones have been anywhere from 0.1-0.6. How long did it take you to get into the optimal ketosis range when you started the keto diet, and how many g of carbs are you eating a day? I'm particularly interested in type 1s info. Did you go low a lot when you started? Figured this would be a good informative thread to have on here.

Thanks

Reactions: Rosie B and Sorcil

Spl@

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Humans that only take.
My food was meat (generally pork or beef) with some veg, Kale, leeks, cauli or spinach with eggs and bacon in various combinations.

I did not actually count the carbs but it was not much. No milk in tea/coffee. Nothing sugar at all.

When it came it left me with a nasty taste for a day or 2 that I could not shift even with mouthwash, also a headache too, headache is too polite a word, it was a post bender headbanger of a headache. More water and salt helped but eventually those electrolyte sachets you can get from the chemist. I added that to my drinks bottle I take to work and that sorted me.

Even as a pre diabetic I had some very low after exercise numbers, 4.0 was about as low as it got but there were a few occasions if I walked too far to fast I felt really wiped out and unwell. With meter error I could have been well under 4 then I suppose.

Not a T1 view but hope it helps.