How Long To See Consultant?

ClaireG 06

Before Christmas i was in hospital with DKA and pneumonia. I was put on Gliclazide 80mg once a day. This was increased to twice a day and now,since Wednesday has increased to 120mg twice a day. My BG levels are still much to high though and i've been refered to a diabetic consultant with the hope that i can go on Byetta. Have been told that it's more likely i'll be put on insulin though. How long do you think it will be before i see a consultant? I have to go back to the Drs on Wednesday to discuss BG levels and make sure i have no ketones as well as discussing other health issues.

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
It all depends on the Waiting list and criteria in your own particular area.......

Why not ask the Dr when you see him/her on Wednesday. They would be best placed to answer your question.

jane22

If you telephone the hospital and ask to speak to the consultants secretary she/he will be able to give you an idea. If you are in the position to accept a last minute/short notice cancellation you could also make that known to the secretary.

ClaireG 06

jane22 said:
If you telephone the hospital and ask to speak to the consultants secretary she/he will be able to give you an idea. If you are in the position to accept a last minute/short notice cancellation you could also make that known to the secretary.

Thanks Jane :) That's a really good idea as i would be able to accept an appointment with not much notice.

ClaireG 06

cugila said:
While you are at the Clinic here are some questions you might want to ask the Doc.

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=17091#p155408

This is also the advice that my pal Sue and I hand out to newly diagnosed. Might be of some help.

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=16224&p=148283#p148283

Hope it's of some help. :)

Thanks Ken :) I took a list of questions with me when i first went to see the GP after getting out of hospital and also when i went to see the DN last week. Am also trying the low carb thing and to work out what causes me to have high BG levels. I'm not totally new to this as have been dx'ed for about 3 years now. Was doing ok on D&E, then put on Metformin after about 18 months but it didn't agree with me! Dr put me back on D&E and then i had this do before Christmas.