How many BG meters do you have?

poshtotty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Expensive to run in what way? I have a Kia Sorento which can always make it up the very steep hill in winter And over the mounds of snow the snowplough blocks off my driveway with, but it only does 29 mpg. I am retired now so one more nice car to take Mrs this is Bloody Impossible up and down to her work.

I have a Qashqai+2 and love it so much I've had 2 in a row. Mine's diesel and I'm getting 47 mpg and a lot of speeding tickets :)
Highly recommend and often get stopped jumping in or out of it and asked what its like to drive.

Reactions: 2 people

marilee

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I only have one (accu-chek aviva nano).

It is my trusty little foot soldier and I would feel disloyal if I bought another one. Or another seven :wideyed:

I had only one aviva nano till 4 days ago. And then it suddenly stopped working overnight. I was traveling in UK (living in Germany) and didn't wanna buy new one. So had to go without. Very weird, haven't done that for years :).
Now that I'm back home, I asked my doc to give me 2 new ones :).

Nyxks

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Discrimination based on gender, age, medical conditions, etc.
I've got two primary meters and about a half dozen other's that are around the house and in the car, plus my wife's pack.

Main two are a Freestyle InsuLinx and the USB Contour, the rest of the meters are various Freestyle's that I've been sent over the years, Freestyle sends me a new meter each year so the old one I swap out with what ever the oldest meter is and go from there.

I got the Contour as part of a test program before it was released, I don't like it and find it not a great as the freestyle's take way more blood then I like only good thing about it is that it is self charging that all the other meters are lacking (all of them have to have batteries changed, hence why they get sent free to me yearly)

All standard meter strips cost the same there is no difference between brands its all personal preference here (only ones that cost more are the breeze cylinder ones, they are like an extra 10 to 15 bucks more pricy, set of 100 strips costs about 80 CAD (no insurance and out of pocket cost).

bardos

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Here's the reason why I asked my question about the two meters. One of them gives readings between 88-129, the other 120 -150, so for me it's important to know if I'm below 100 or into a baddish zone. Maybe it's an obsession on my part as my H1c will give me the definitive result. I'm due for a blood test in October. Would like to know now how it's going. In my mind it might make the difference between 2 tablets a day or 3.

this is too difficult

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
diabetes
I've got two primary meters and about a half dozen other's that are around the house and in the car, plus my wife's pack.

Main two are a Freestyle InsuLinx and the USB Contour, the rest of the meters are various Freestyle's that I've been sent over the years, Freestyle sends me a new meter each year so the old one I swap out with what ever the oldest meter is and go from there.

I got the Contour as part of a test program before it was released, I don't like it and find it not a great as the freestyle's take way more blood then I like only good thing about it is that it is self charging that all the other meters are lacking (all of them have to have batteries changed, hence why they get sent free to me yearly)

All standard meter strips cost the same there is no difference between brands its all personal preference here (only ones that cost more are the breeze cylinder ones, they are like an extra 10 to 15 bucks more pricy, set of 100 strips costs about 80 CAD (no insurance and out of pocket cost).
You could order a codefree
Here's the reason why I asked my question about the two meters. One of them gives readings between 88-129, the other 120 -150, so for me it's important to know if I'm below 100 or into a baddish zone. Maybe it's an obsession on my part as my H1c will give me the definitive result. I'm due for a blood test in October. Would like to know now how it's going. In my mind it might make the difference between 2 tablets a day or 3.
This just made me remember My other meter It is another codefree which used these units. I was probably not wearing my spectacles when I ordered it.

this is too difficult

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
diabetes
that brand doesn't exist here in Canada that brand is specific from what I understand to the UK only
You can order from any amazon. I have an account with amazon Canada. If you are having to pay yourself it may be worth trying.
I'd do a period of testing with both to make sure you are happy with the results.

this is too difficult

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
diabetes
QUOTE="this is too difficult, post: 587322, member: 104040"]You could order a codefree

This just made me remember My other meter It is another codefree which used these units. I was probably not wearing my spectacles when I ordered it.[/QUOTE]hey found anther one contour next bought from amazon using the wrong units. that one was not my fault it was a Greek seller instructions were in Greek too. so 10 I think

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Why are some people not supplied glucose monitors and test strips on nhs? And have to pay for them instead?
Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Because there's no justice (aka funding for test strips) for type 2 diabetics in some areas of the country...but you don't necessarily get told this - instead the excuses are many and varied.

Robbity, who is one of many of us here who fund our own testing

Reactions: 4 people

this is too difficult

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
diabetes
I have a Qashqai+2 and love it so much I've had 2 in a row. Mine's diesel and I'm getting 47 mpg and a lot of speeding tickets :)
Highly recommend and often get stopped jumping in or out of it and asked what its like to drive.
Just saw one. Nice.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well I did have only 1 but my husband 'tidied' that one away on Friday and I still haven't found it. I am slightly concerned because Friday was also dustbin day.....

Reactions: 4 people

lizzy74

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey I'm new on the forum. Just wondered if anyone uses a BGi Star and is it any good ?