How many BG meters do you have?

Heathenlass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Are you able to upload a sample or two for us??

Robbity

Trust me. You don't want to hear any of them ! :eek:
I think it was in one of Terry Patchett's "Witches" books where Agnes Nutter is described as being at the start of "going to the bad" when she started to cackle .

I think I am past the "Breaking Bad" stage !:D

Signy

Reactions: 2 people

Heathenlass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
:hilarious: :hilarious: oh no not the evil sheep thing again o_O Heaven's above, they're are hardly any harmful, heinous, hurtful, hedonistic or hurtful sheep in Hampshire, especially on Sunday's :D

I'm reliably informed that this picture was taken in Hampshire, on a Sunday :)

View attachment 5723

Ye Gods, what have I started !:eek: Now everybody is going to know that sheep are twisted ,ferocious , feral creatures who laugh in the face of mint sauce ! Hampshire sheep are not in the same league as these Northern varieties, who wreak revenge on all and sundry - remember that expensive pullover , that the label said "Machine wash at 30 degrees", so you did and now use it as a phone sock? That's northern sheep wool :wideyed:

I've just had a day of shearing the bugge*s, , and they are huddled, plotting ....

Signy

Reactions: 4 people

Heathenlass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Ah yes.
The sheep... thing.

Of course, my lips can be sealed, in perpetuity, for a very modest sum...

Precisely how modest , I wonder ?:eek:

I am but a poor wossname, fifteen of us live in a crack in a dry stone wall, I work for half a turnip (low carb! Yay!) a week....

And I own thrumble meters . I haven't had time bravery to look in the cupboard under the stairs, but kicking around I have 2 Insulinx, 1 Contour, 1 Contour USB and I know I have a One Touch Basic somewhere in the cupboard . Oh and an Accucheck Thingy that they stopped making strips for.

No where near breaking TITD's record though -that's awesome !:D

Signy

Heathenlass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have that one too. The 'expert' in the name appealed to my vanity.

How do you get your paws on one of those ?

It's odd that meter envy can rival the launch of the new iPhone series in desirability (for me, anyway! )

Signy

Reactions: 3 people

this is too difficult

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
diabetes

I am but a poor wossname, fifteen of us live in a crack in a dry stone wall, I work for half a turnip (low carb! Yay!) a week....

And I own thrumble meters . I haven't had time bravery to look in the cupboard under the stairs, but kicking around I have 2 Insulinx, 1 Contour, 1 Contour USB and I know I have a One Touch Basic somewhere in the cupboard . Oh and an Accucheck Thingy that they stopped making strips for.

Signy
I only work for whole turnips

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Signy
Look on the bright side - living in such minimalist conditions (except for the under stairs cupboard, the underwear wardobe, and the meter collection, of course), you won't need much left over after making your entirely voluntary and generous monthly contribution, of... say... 90% of household income, after tax. You clearly won't be paying Council Tax (need a roof for that), so we need not factor that in...

And you can always eat sheep if you run out of cash. Very low carb sheep.

minidvr

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Politics, Celebrity Life Styles being pushed as the ideal.
I have one meter, not sure why I'd need more? I'm retired so home most of the time. Meter stays at home, If I'm going away, it obviously goes with me. Meter envy sounds a bit extreme, bit like iphone or gadget envy :(

semiphonic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Ignorant people, diabetes!
image.jpg

I'm just saying........

semiphonic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Ignorant people, diabetes!
Was going to do a "Sheep Under The Stairs" thing, but I'm really not that technically advanced

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well, to get over all these evil beasties appearing all over the forum, ANDtaking over our under-stairs cupboards, I've just invented a new shleepch meter that will protect you: fit it under the stairs, type in your latest BG reading, and it stops these evil critters from going into attack mode... So, no more nightmares on your street now...:D:D

Robbity

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Diana
Are you a bank robber?

Nope. I'm a diabetic. But only Type 2 ;)

I reckon that even type 2 diabetics can be bank robbers - they just need to set their minds to it and they can be anything they wish...

You could start selling test strips at the full price - and that could be defined as daylight robbery. And then you could afford to buy a few extra meters into the bargain., so you won't feel left out.

I think the Contour XT is a nice meter, but I do like my Contour Next better! But I hate the Bayer/Contour lancing device - I found that really cack handed.

Robbity

Heathenlass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Look on the bright side - living in such minimalist conditions (except for the under stairs cupboard, the underwear wardobe, and the meter collection, of course), you won't need much left over after making your entirely voluntary and generous monthly contribution, of... say... 90% of household income, after tax. You clearly won't be paying Council Tax (need a roof for that), so we need not factor that in...

And you can always eat sheep if you run out of cash. Very low carb sheep.

:D:D:D:D

Signy

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Got 6 altogether in the house but only use 2, one is the Accu-Chek Aviva Expert and the other is the Glucomen LX Plus, the LX is only used to test for ketones so rarely gets used.

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
She's modest too :)
So how's the diet going? Looking at the photo you look like you must be at the correct weight? Must be lovely to live by the coast - especially at this time of the year? Not long for your daughter now? Isn't it October? Or have I lost the plot?