Reactions: 2 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I was given a remote control jammer for Xmas.

Hours of fun. Seriously. Gave Mr B's blood pressure a fantastic workout.

Unfortunately he sussed it half way through January (I may have got complacent).

So now we are enduring the World Cup. :(

poshtotty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
So how's the diet going? Looking at the photo you look like you must be at the correct weight? Must be lovely to live by the coast - especially at this time of the year? Not long for your daughter now? Isn't it October? Or have I lost the plot?
Well, diet is slow. The photo is flattering (except for windswept hair!) and a trick of the light! Taken mid June. I've only lost 12 lbs since March but feel heaps better and I'm told I look better. Gone back down to my previous dress size, but would like to lose more. Holding my breath until my 3 month review with DN next week and hoping I can stay of the statins I took myself off in March when I went LCHF. Have never had any side effects or carb flu and totally love my new eating regime

Yes its wonderful living and working by the sea . I've never known anything else. Also have a beach hut. near Sandbanks, known to my friends as my Pimms Palace :) Your memory is as amazing as your weight loss! First grandchild is due 28th September. Haven't seen my daughter since I learned her news, but am looking forward to her visit home at end of the month and to throwing my first baby shower in her honour!

How are you? Building up to the end of term and counting the days till the holidays?

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
Well, diet is slow. The photo is flattering (except for windswept hair!) and a trick of the light! Taken mid June. I've only lost 12 lbs since March but feel heaps better and I'm told I look better. Gone back down to my previous dress size, but would like to lose more. Holding my breath until my 3 month review with DN next week and hoping I can stay of the statins I took myself off in March when I went LCHF. Have never had any side effects or carb flu and totally love my new eating regime

Yes its wonderful living and working by the sea . I've never known anything else. Also have a beach hut. near Sandbanks, known to my friends as my Pimms Palace :) Your memory is as amazing as your weight loss! First grandchild is due 28th September. Haven't seen my daughter since I learned her news, but am looking forward to her visit home at end of the month and to throwing my first baby shower in her honour!

How are you? Building up to the end of term and counting the days till the holidays?
Absolutely! Youngests birthday on July 20th so were having a party in the park so hope the weather holds!
Does your daughter live nearby? Just think! You'll get all those cuddles and then be able to hand your grandchild back! I know my mum loves it when we go to stay but is also pleased (although she'd never admit it) when we go home and the chaos stops and calm and order is restored!
My weight loss is slowing down despite the exercise so I need to get strict again and probably knock the wine at weekends on the head! Not getting enough sleep either! Talking of which, night night nowxxx

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yup! And strip down an engine, repair and reassemble !

I can't get the sodding TV remote to work though !:D

Signy
to get the tv remote to work the first step is to prise it from the fist of the selfish bloke on the sofa.

Reactions: 6 people

DonnaC-T

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've got loads. About ten I think. I mainly use the Glucomen LX Plus, of which I have two. I've been trying the Insulinx and the Verio but not sure yet x

bardos

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all, new member here, diagnosed as Type II about 3 years ago. I have a question about meters so I thought it quite adecuate to post in this thread. I have two. Really I have several of each, they were given out free. But basically two meters. One is the Accu Chek Aviva and the other is the Glucocard G meter. They will almost always give results that are 20 points apart. The Glucocard meter will constantly read lower than the Accu Check. I have read many threads about differences in meters and folks seem to always come to the conclusion that it doesn't matter, the meters are there to show variances, and that's what's important.

But it matters to me :) I guess I like exactness, eve though I know the readouts are not really spot on as they have their error + or - percentages. Anyway, can anyone comment as these meters? thanks

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all, new member here, diagnosed as Type II about 3 years ago. I have a question about meters so I thought it quite adecuate to post in this thread. I have two. Really I have several of each, they were given out free. But basically two meters. One is the Accu Chek Aviva and the other is the Glucocard G meter. They will almost always give results that are 20 points apart. The Glucocard meter will constantly read lower than the Accu Check. I have read many threads about differences in meters and folks seem to always come to the conclusion that it doesn't matter, the meters are there to show variances, and that's what's important.

But it matters to me :) I guess I like exactness, eve though I know the readouts are not really spot on as they have their error + or - percentages. Anyway, can anyone comment as these meters? thanks

Hi And welcome.

Because of the + or - variation possible on any meter, they are far more useful for mapping trends, and checking on your bodies individual reaction to foods.

I think meter accuracy is FAR more important for type 1s because they use the readings to inform their medication doses.

In your situation, I think it doesn't matter which meter you are using, so long as you are consistent. For instance, don't use one meter for your pre-meal test, then another for your after-meal test.

Do you map your readings (there are many Apps out there that do this? This is a fantastic way to spot the trends, and if you match it with a food diary, then it really starts to be useful... But individual readings are of very limited value because of all sorts of variable (exercise, fat content, stress levels, tiredness, etc.).

Heathenlass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
So what do you think of the Subaru forester?
I'm thinking of getting one.

The Forester is , IMHO, expensive to buy and run :eek: It depends what you require of a vehicle. It would be no good to me as I need a trusty (!) workhorse, hence the Landy Defender. Which is certainly a workhorse, but not trusty most of the time :D

Signy

Heathenlass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I was given a remote control jammer for Xmas.

Hours of fun. Seriously. Gave Mr B's blood pressure a fantastic workout.

Unfortunately he sussed it half way through January (I may have got complacent).

So now we are enduring the World Cup. :(

Want one, want one ! :D:D Oh I DO so like to torment the teens !:D

Signy

this is too difficult

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
diabetes
The Forester is , IMHO, expensive to buy and run :eek: It depends what you require of a vehicle. It would be no good to me as I need a trusty (!) workhorse, hence the Landy Defender. Which is certainly a workhorse, but not trusty most of the time :D

Signy
Expensive to run in what way? I have a Kia Sorento which can always make it up the very steep hill in winter And over the mounds of snow the snowplough blocks off my driveway with, but it only does 29 mpg. I am retired now so one more nice car to take Mrs this is Bloody Impossible up and down to her work.