Type 2 How many calories and carbs when menu serves4

john john

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Can someone help with query please regarding low carb menu, if it says serves 4 is the amount of calories times 4.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Can someone help with query please regarding low carb menu, if it says serves 4 is the amount of calories times 4.
Usually recipes will list carbs/calories per portion - maybe post what you are looking at here and people can give better advice.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
D

Deleted member 308541

@Resurgam I did not say they were low carb veggies, I was using that packet as an example for the OP.

As for the sweet corn I had sweet corn in the mixed veggies with dinner last night and it did not increase my levels.

It is the suck it and see method I use to see what I can eat or not, I will be eating them again. :D

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
And my levels would be up in the teens right through to the next day.
I get the peak for the meal and then my BG just goes on rising, and it is so easy to pick up a pack of the wrong mixture and then to try just a little to see if it is OK, and then it wasn't - it is such a pain to have to sort through a pile of frozen veges removing the sweetcorn....

D

Deleted member 308541

And my levels would be up in the teens right through to the next day.
Here's my readings from yesterday, the one right at the bottom is the fasting result.

PRM9rU4.png