How Many Carbs do You Limit Yourself to Per Day?

D

Deleted member 308541

Agree with this but also have to be mindful that many new members fill in their details when first registering on this site. Often this will be before the realisation that there is more than one form of this condition
I had no problems filling in my profile, I put minimum details in to start with then built on it once I got the rest of my details sorted.

It isn't hard to do, and it is not a confusing age thingy either as I have a few years up as well.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
In the drop down list in profile settings, it says the type of diabetes and the treatment boxes are required to be completed.
That area of the profile settings could be made far more user friendly.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Nonetheless it is useful to me to see an overall spread of stats. It gives me a good feel for the ranges and approaches applied.
Yes ok but don't forget that not all T1's are low carbing. All however will be injecting insulin in varying quantities which as someone like you with pre-diabetes isn't really something to aim for.

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes ok but don't forget that not all T1's are low carbing. All however will be injecting insulin in varying quantities which as someone like you with pre-diabetes isn't really something to aim for.
Thanks. Yes, I had a conversation with a work colleague who has lifelong Type 1 and she doesn’t low carb. I couldn’t understand that at first but am getting the gist now.

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I read on an app on the forum. Nobody’s type is shown under their avatars unfortunately. Only the name.

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
In the drop down list in profile settings, it says the type of diabetes and the treatment boxes are required to be completed.
That area of the profile settings could be made far more user friendly.
I have entered the relevant treatment in the selectable option within my profile but the entry I have made doesn’t feature where my avatar is displayed.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
I use a Kindle tablet to access the forum and i see user ID and type of diabetes followed by status ie 'well known member' or 'Master'. No details about meds.

D

Deleted member 308541

I use a Kindle tablet to access the forum and i see user ID and type of diabetes followed by status ie 'well known member' or 'Master'. No details about meds.
Tap on the user name / avatar when the window opens tap on Profile Page, then tap on Information and scroll down to About.

This on my android phone, so it will be much of a muchness with Kindle.

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Tap on the user name / avatar when the window opens tap on Profile Page, then tap on Information and scroll down to About.

This on my android phone, so it will be much of a muchness with Kindle.
Same on iPad

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I have entered the relevant treatment in the selectable option within my profile but the entry I have made doesn’t feature where my avatar is displayed.

I don't use the app. I use the actual website on my PC, tablet and phone (not a fancy one) and I see your avatar, user name and "pre-diabetes - well known member"

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I don't use the app. I use the actual website on my PC, tablet and phone (not a fancy one) and I see your avatar, user name and "pre-diabetes - well known member"
Yes. Though no mention of treatment even though I have made an entry in the option box for that.

I am using an iPad. I am not using the App.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes. Though no mention of treatment even though I have made an entry in the option box for that.

I am using an iPad. I am not using the App.

That is all any of us see. Treatment is not shown under the avatar and is not meant to be seen. This is a public global forum and guests not signed in can see the avatars and what is under them. It would be a breach of privacy if medications/treatment were visible. Guests not signed in cannot see profile pages. Alternatively, people can enter their treatment in their signature, should they wish to. If you want to see their treatment you need to visit their profile page.

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
people in type1 or type2 tend towards lower numbers of carbs than the prediabetics.

Which is probably not a good idea, unless they want their pre-diabetes to develop into full insulin resistance and T2D

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
That is all any of us see. Treatment is not shown under the avatar and is not meant to be seen. This is a public global forum and guests not signed in can see the avatars and what is under them. It would be a breach of privacy if medications/treatment were visible. Guests not signed in cannot see profile pages. Alternatively, people can enter their treatment in their signature, should they wish to. If you want to see their treatment you need to visit their profile page.
Gotcha.

Reactions: Bluetit1802

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Tipetoo So, I tapped on your user name, your profile page opened, but nowhere is there anything that says about! Has all sorts of other info about you but nowhere I can access your type. Obviously I know what you are but not many others. Any ideas?

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Tipetoo So, I tapped on your user name, your profile page opened, but nowhere is there anything that says about! Has all sorts of other info about you but nowhere I can access your type. Obviously I know what you are but not many others. Any ideas?
On the Information tab in the profile page it lists diabetes type in the first section.

D

Deleted member 308541

I use Chrome as my browser both on Windows and Android, both work similar to get the info.

I do not use the forum app and / or Apple products.

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Mr-Pot struggling to find information tab. Opened yours by hitting your avatar and it has posts/member since/location etc finishing on trophy points ??? Am I doing something wrong.