How many units do you inject per day?

RosieDred

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I take 8 units levemir in the night and about 10 units of novo rapid throughout day on average. I weigh 7 and a half stone.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

C burns

I'm type1 and take 20 units of levemir am and 20 units levemir at bed time. I carb blunt so if I have carb free meals I dnt take QA insulin during day. Although a typical day would see me taking about 20units of novo rapid spread over my 3 meals. I'm 62kg

MrsB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
This is so interesting. Until I went on an IMAGE course I assumed everyone was similar to me. 14 levemir before bed and around 18 novorapid throughout the day ( carb counting so sometimes a lot less). Ratio pretty much 1:10. Some people were taking 4 times that for the same carbs which really surprised me. Am about 51 kg

Garr

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
9 Lantus on an evening and average about 18 units of novorapid. Had 13.5 today. Weigh about 70kg.

Riri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
The conservative party, people who are cruel to animals and aggressive people
Average is 16 units basal and about 10 bolus. On pump so all of it is short acting Novorapid.

tom1946

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes, celery, stupidity.
6am= 24 novomix 30 and 6pm= 24 again.

Never heard of the stuff others are using on here. I'm having massive problems with sick headaches and palpitations 30 minutes after the dose. Am I alone with this? Maybe I should start a thread...

ElyDave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Levemir 3.5 am, 5 pm

Novorapid bolus average 7units, at 15:1.

67.5kg, and not a lot spare in that.

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
2 units basal in the evening and about 6-10u total bolus spread over 3 meals

Blogging at drivendiabetic.wordpress.com

dtennant9

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I take 5 units basal in the morning, 16 units basal in the evening.

I take an average of 20-25 units bolus through the day but is very dependent on what I eat and could be more than that.

Topher

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
i Take 3 units Levemir morning and evening and about 15-20 units bolus during the day. My Levemir is quite low, so think i might be honeymooning still

shirty252

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
86units of Levemir at night & 8 to 12 novo rapid through the day,type 2 not sure if this is a lot? Only been on insulin 2 months.

JayH

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bus Journeys
Very interesting cheers guys, I never know if I should be taking more of if I'm taking too much.

Type1Jim

I average 29 units of insulin each day (14 basal and 15 bolus) in which I eat about 140-160 grams of carbs. I use the medtronic pump. If I dont exercise then my insulin sensitivity becomes worse.

tomvonc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anyone who asks a question about diabetes without thinking what they're asking.
14u Lantus at night and about 20u Humalog during day depending on food.

fkarno

56 Levemir in the evening and 30-40 Humalog per meal, depending on what I eat. Weight 91 kg, type 2.

I have often asked the quacks if I should be worried about these quantities but they assure me that they have patients who use even more, and they are very happy with my control. Latest HbA1c was 50.

FK

baz2107

Type of diabetes
Type 1
2 basal, 6-8 bolus (over 3 injections) depending on what I'm eating and my levels. I am 11 stone 3 lb, 6ft male