How much do you take?

bri281295

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I take 9 units of Nova-rapid at breakfast, 8 at lunch and 10 at dinner. Also 17 units of Levemir at night.

abs

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
10u of lantus and 1u for 10g of carbs for humalog

ljwilson

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes!
I take 48 units of Levemir split into 2 doses then I take a ration of 2 units per 10grams of Humulin S but I also take an extra dose of 20 units of Humulin S on waking, usually between 05:30 and 06:00 am, to combat extreme inulin resistance.

Lorna

paul-1976

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dishonesty
!0 units of Lantus split into 2 doses.

ElyDave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
6 Levemir in the morning, 8 at night.

Novorapid is variable, but I'm working around 20g carb per unit at the moment. Even lower if I'm planning prolonged exercise

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
at the moment about 12.75 units basal, depending on exercise and 12-16 bolus depending on carbs/protein/exercise.

leahvaleska

Type of diabetes
Type 1
72 units seems quite a lot..... but I think it depends on your weight and how much you eat. I take 18 units of lantus every night and between 4-15 units of novarapid after each meal. (i weigh 65 kg/ 10 stone) Im 5 ft 11 and aged 23. (female) Are you very hungry on this dose? I think its best to take the minimum amount that you need otherwise it makes you extremely hungry and also makes you put on a lot of weight (the insulin itself AND the fact that being hungry makes you eat more)

*Diabetic for 9 years

Morganator

leahvaleska said:
72 units seems quite a lot..... but I think it depends on your weight and how much you eat. I take 18 units of lantus every night and between 4-15 units of novarapid after each meal. (i weigh 65 kg/ 10 stone) Im 5 ft 11 and aged 23. (female) Are you very hungry on this dose? I think its best to take the minimum amount that you need otherwise it makes you extremely hungry and also makes you put on a lot of weight (the insulin itself AND the fact that being hungry makes you eat more)

*Diabetic for 9 years
everyone is different I am same height, 2kg less and twice your age yet I need large amounts of insulin a day. My last blood test was 112 and I take at least 250 units of assorted insulin.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Dodo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
24 units of Lantus at bedtime, 8-12 units of Novorapid before eating. Alter dosages according to food and circumstances.

Seriously_Sax1989

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
30 units of levemir in the morning then 9 of humalog 100 in the morning also then 5 at lunch and tea time for now until I start carb counting. Type 1 :)