How much glucose in Urine

brianb

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi All

Just wondering at what point does the body decide that there is too much glucose in the blood and you start to go to the loo to get rid of it?

I find that if my BG is over 8...usually an hour after eating i start to run to the loo every 5 mins + i seem to goto the loo 3 or 4 times a night. I purchased some urine test strips just to see if there was glocose in the urine but found that it was nil for glucose.

Is this normal to goto the loo a lot after eating when BG levels peak anywhere upto 10 - 12isf one hour after eating enen though no glucose in urine?

Do i need to be concerned....the wife definetly thinks i have some sort of problem and is pressing me to see the doctor BUT i dont want to make a fuss if its normal.

Thanks
Brian

tubolard

Dislikes
Fasteddie; Richard K Bernstein; William S. Atkins; Rosemary Bloody Conley;
As I understand it, each of us has a different tolerance for glucose before we excrete it.

Regards, Tubs.

lilibet

Hi agree with tubs
For me, if I am higher than norm I feel really tired, and dry mouthed. In fact last 2x Ive felt like that Ive been motivated to test and one one occasion found highest bg since about week three of dx which nearly had me in a fit!

Recurring visits to the toilet can be sign of prostrate probs in a man so just to be on safe side i would mention it to Doc.

Trinkwasser

Some people have a much lower "renal threshold" than others in terms of when they actually start to spill glucose in their urine.

I have an annoying tendency to collect water until I am in bed: if I hit a high I can practically save on a test strip by counting the number of nocturnal pissing trips. This lasts several hours before it wears off even after a relatively brief spike. During the day I don't tend to pee much more than average, except of course when I am far from a toilet and surrounded by people

brianb

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi All

Thanks for the replys.

Thing with me is that im going to the loo a lot BUT when i test my urine there is no sugar in it, If i do a BG test it might only be about 7 or 8 So if there is no suger in my urine im suspecting that maybe i have another problem :cry:

Thanks again
Brian

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
hya brian,
some people may have sugar in their blood that doesnt show up great in urine, if your sugars are fine then a visit to the dr may be an idea :D although i do tend to need the loo alot when my bloods go above 7 :)

brianb

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
How do they do they test for prostrate problems? cos if its how i think they test then BLOODY HELL in dont think i could do that. :shock:

I know i need to go to docs just to be sure but im haviving prblems with the thoughts of how they test it.

Brian

Dennis

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
People who join web forums to be agressive and cause trouble
Hi Brian,

I suspect you are thinking of the testing method that involves a rubber glove and a great deal of lubricant! However there is a modern test that is available called a PSA test. This is a blood test that measures the level of Prostate Specific Antigen in your blood and can indicate whether you have any signs of prostate cancer.

brianb

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
PHEW :D thanks lads, don't feel so nervous now.

I will see how things go for the next week and if no better will make another visit to the docs.

Going to the loo 2 or 3 times a night is starting to disturb my sleep pattern and starting to feel tired again during the day because of it.

Thanks all.

Brian