How much I've learned!! Thanks!

mouseee

Had a very long chat with my mum's new DSN today. She was only ringing to find out if my mum was still in hospital and to check that was why she hadn't got hold of her.

During the chat I asked loads of questions about my mum's diabetic regime. She was really good and listened to my ramblings and answered my questions. What I realised is in the past 3 months, since my own diagnosis, I have learnt so much about diabetes that the conversation with her was entirely different than it would have been before.

In June I didnt' really know the difference between t1 and t2. Now I can comprehensively explain it to others. I didn't know what insulin does or what insulin resistance is. I didn't really know about how all carbs affected bs, thinking that there were better carbs than others. I now make more informed choices and have my bs generally under control. Didn't realise how cardio vascular diseases are linked with diabetes, now I get why my mum has the collection of health problems she does.

So, thank you for advice, answering questions, support etc. I am on here very regularly and, boy, does it help me manage my T2. Now I am really aware of how much it is helping me to make sure that my mum is getting the best and most appropriate care for her too.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Way to go @mouseee ! I love this forum, (I’m not just saying that cos I was voted in as mod!) it was my absolute savour when I was diagnosed 2 1/2 years ago :)

Reactions: DawnOfTheZed

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
The day the forum was down made me realize just how much it being here was important to me.

@mouseee so glad to see your post and so happy to see how much you have gained from the site well done..

sportyboston

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I too have only been diagnosed Type 1 for 4 months. I wouldn't be without the forum, it is informative and entertaining.