How old were you when you were diagnosed?

How old were you when you were diagnosed?

• 0-5

Votes: 50 12.8%
  • 6-10

Votes: 36 9.2%
  • 11-15

Votes: 35 8.9%
  • 16-21

Votes: 39 9.9%
  • 22-30

Votes: 46 11.7%
  • 31-40

Votes: 49 12.5%
  • 41-50

Votes: 52 13.3%
  • 51-60

Votes: 48 12.2%
  • 60+

Votes: 37 9.4%

• Total voters

claymic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I was officially diagnosed as type 2 when i was 27. But before that i was till i had impaired glucose tolerance....probably been diabetic for about 3 years before diagnosis (was in different country)..am now 35

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

destiny0321

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
people who think nothing is wrong with you because they do not see blood or a plaster cast, i suffer with arthritis & use a zimmer & wheelchair but because they cant see anything wrong people assume nothing is wrong with you.
I was diagnosed with type 2 when 55 now 57 nearly 58

rochari

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Type 1 for 52 years. I'm still waiting too Stephen. From test tubes to meters, from glass syringes and little trays of stainless steel needles (each one expected to last up to a week or more) to insulin pens. Major changes in my lifetime and yours and not all for the better.

Bill

Nat1983

I was diagnosed in 2006 at 22 with type two...GP refused to even take a BG reading even after I listed all my symptoms of dizzyness, frequent urinating and constant thirst, as I wasn't your 'typical' diabetic I.e, I wasn't overweight, over 40 etc...it came back as 26.6mmol. After some investigations from the hospital (over a year later), it turns out I have MODY and it is a present from my so-called father and his family...I would rather have had the maintainence money i was owed since i was a bairn but hey ho!

qbix

36. I borrowed my father in laws BG monitor on new years day this year. He is borderline type 2. His reading was 8 mmol/l and mine was 19.8 mmol/l. Great start to the year.

snooper

Giverny said:
Here's our new monthly poll. Feel free to post your type as well!
i was diagnosed at the age of 5 years , I am now coming up 55 in September , I have just been awarded the Alan Nabarro Medal in recognition of a valiant fight against diabeta;s for fifty years .