How soon do the hypos start?

WeeFlea

hi there. I have a 21 month old little girl, when I was pregnant with her I was flooded with hypos in the first trimester. I didn't know I was pregnant with her til 5 weeks and at the start didn't know that hypos were common in type 1 pregnancy, so never thought about when they started.

I'm now ttc again, I've had some hypos over the last 3 days that I can't explain, really low and it's taking me ages to get my bloods up again.

I had a pregnancy -ve test today.

Basically my question is, how soon did your bad hypos start when you are/were pregnant?

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I don't remember exactly, but around 6 to 8 weeks for me, I think. There was a period when they were quite frequent, and I think that was from 8-10 weeks up to about 18 weeks or so. Then they reduced, and around 25 weeks roughly, I got the insulin resistance.

WeeFlea

That sort of timescale sounds familiar. I don't think I'm pregnant right now, but just can't figure out the hypos I've had lately. Just wanted to rule out it being a very early pregnancy symptom I suppose.

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
That sort of timescale sounds familiar. I don't think I'm pregnant right now, but just can't figure out the hypos I've had lately. Just wanted to rule out it being a very early pregnancy symptom I suppose.

Could it be stress? I find stress can make me low sometimes. Or maybe it's just hormonal? I never noticed my hormones as much as when I was trying to conceive! I go low before my period.

You could maybe do a second test in a few days just to confirm the negative? That's what I always did else I kept wondering.

Just keep on going. I know how much stress diabetes can add to the whole process.

Good luck :)

Reactions: 2 people

WeeFlea

True, stress does cause weird sugars.

I do get low before my period too, I've been quite emotional today too, so it could be my totm. I'll wait a few days and see, if my period doesn't show I'll test. Unfortunately I have an irregular cycle, so never sure when it's going to show. X

Reactions: 4 people