Not open for further replies.

coby

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Social mixing most sport, Soaps!
Having been extremely upset by one of the Admins replies to a genuine question, I feel that I need to delete my account.
I cannot find out how to though?

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I can’t find it either as I looked out of interest.

But why not just scroll on past the post that upset you and remain a member and continue to learn from the forum.

Or just log out and don’t come back if you can’t delete or remain.

Reactions: JohnEGreen and coby

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
Having been extremely upset by one of the Admins replies to a genuine question, I feel that I need to delete my account.

Hi @coby can we sort this out via a PM?

What's upset you?

For reference, users cannot delete their own accounts (please don't ask me why) but DCUKmod can do it by request if we cannot reach an agreement.

Reactions: JohnEGreen

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Coby,
I will bring your request to the attention of someone who can help you. Please consider what @HSSS has said as you may miss the advice and support available here. And one last thing, if ever a post upsets or offends you please hit the report button, even if it was posted by an admin or mod, we are a team not just individuals so each complaint is looked at fairly.

Edit to add, pipped at the post by @urbanracer !

Reactions: JohnEGreen

VashtiB

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @coby ,

Can I also second the suggestion that you just scroll past posts that you don't find helpful and see how you feel at the moment.

I know that I am particularly prone to whining and I can. also take offence to someone who doesn't mean it in the way that I have taken it.

The world is a scary place right now. I know that I am more tired and anxious then usual and that is when I am more prone to being sensitive. I understand how you can feel upset by a post even if it not actually meant to hurt you. I was 'told off' when I posted some advice and initially felt hurt but when I had time to reflect the Mod was exactly right- I had missed some thin g in the post and my 'advice' was off. I was so grateful to the Mod- the last thing I want to do is to cause any harm at all.

My experience with this forum is that people are genuinely wanting to help and are largely n on judgemental. I could not continue without it. I also appreciate the amount of work the Mods do to keep this site being like this. There are literally thousands who go on from time to time- their task is pretty overwhelming and I am so grateful to them.

Take the advice which helps you- help others when possible.

Take care of yourself and remember this time will pass

Reactions: DCUKMod

coby

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Social mixing most sport, Soaps!
Hi @coby ,

Can I also second the suggestion that you just scroll past posts that you don't find helpful and see how you feel at the moment.

I know that I am particularly prone to whining and I can. also take offence to someone who doesn't mean it in the way that I have taken it.

The world is a scary place right now. I know that I am more tired and anxious then usual and that is when I am more prone to being sensitive. I understand how you can feel upset by a post even if it not actually meant to hurt you. I was 'told off' when I posted some advice and initially felt hurt but when I had time to reflect the Mod was exactly right- I had missed some thin g in the post and my 'advice' was off. I was so grateful to the Mod- the last thing I want to do is to cause any harm at all.

My experience with this forum is that people are genuinely wanting to help and are largely n on judgemental. I could not continue without it. I also appreciate the amount of work the Mods do to keep this site being like this. There are literally thousands who go on from time to time- their task is pretty overwhelming and I am so grateful to them.

Take the advice which helps you- help others when possible.

Take care of yourself and remember this time will pass
VashtiB, thank you for your lovely reply, which almost made me cry.

Post edited by moderator to remove inappropriate content

Last edited by a moderator:

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
VashtiB, thank you for your lovely reply, which almost made me cry.

Hi Coby, all I would say is when you come onto an online forum it is easy to see something that is not there or meant and to overreact. This forum (whilst not perfect) is actually one of the best with the best moderators in my opinion. Others I have been on are awful, insults & swearing flying about all over the place. No moderator or any other contributor can post hundreds of posts without 'offending' someone. Having said that, if you are the type that is very sensitive etc, then I agree, a forum probably is too stressful and for the good of your health it's probably best to come off it. Good luck to you. xx

(quote edited by mod to reflect edited content.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.