How To Low Creatine And Keep My Kidneys Safe

jopetjuliano

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, I'm type 1 diabetes and jave it for 23 yrs. I now have so many complications due to my diabetes. I have retinopathy, neuropathy, i have so many pimples, I'm peeing my protein, my creatine is high and potassium. My doctor says i have to avoid dairy products and fruits. It seems that my kidneys eant to join the complication club. So my question is how can i keep my kidneys last longer and keep it safe, I'm afraid of going to dialysis and i want to enjoy my life a little be longer.

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
I am at the bottom of the normal range (63), so I eat one meal a day circa 4 days a week, so over 50% less usage. Obviously drop your protein to probably no more than 0.8 grams per kg of body weight. I drink a lot of water, herbal teas, boiled ginger and galangal. Holistic health, i.e. stay as fit as you can, sleep well.

I realise you are Type 1 so may not follow a regime which aligns with some of what I do.

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Keep your blood sugar levels under control as much as possible.

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I am at the bottom of the normal range (63), so I eat one meal a day circa 4 days a week, so over 50% less usage. Obviously drop your protein to probably no more than 0.8 grams per kg of body weight. I drink a lot of water, herbal teas, boiled ginger and galangal. Holistic health, i.e. stay as fit as you can, sleep well.

I realise you are Type 1 so may not follow a regime which aligns with some of what I do.
I can only quote my wife's excellent Nephrology consultant as she has CKD. He claims that despite what the media says, reducing proteins will not help many kidney conditions. Her creatinine is high and rising but she has no protein loss etc. I'm not an expert but can only quote my wife's expert. He claims that a change to her diet will not have any effect, sadly. I guess a lot depends on the type of CKD.