how to manage job with diabetes type 1 ?

Chandradev819

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Everyone,

I know here so many people who are managing their diabetics and every day jobs very well. I am software engineer having 9 years work experience from India. I have to work minimum 9 to 10 hrs for US or UK client timing. After getting diabetes type 1, I feel very difficult to sit for long time and don't get so much concentration in work.

Could you provide some tips to mange my jobs ? I am tacking the diabetics treatment from 1 months, it is under control.

ewelina

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Try to get your levels under control while at work. It will help you with tiredness and concentration. If your working day looks more or less the same each day it shouldn't be too difficult. Have meals at the same time as routine makes diabetic life much easier. As you are not very physically active during your working hours choose your meals carefully. I would recommend something low carb so it wont spike you too much. Good luck :) You are still very new to T1 life and it takes a bit of practice

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
My tips are to test lots and to keep hypo treatments near. Sometimes, even if you have a job where you're sitting down a lot, I find mental activity can make you low.

Chandradev819

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @ewelina and @azure,

Thanks for your suggestion. I agree with you people when ever my level will be in under control then i fell very energetic and active. I don't used to carry my glucose meter to office. Now i will take it to office and keep on monitoring it.
Yes i also realize that metal activity make the glucose level low. Nowadays whenever i get headache i will eat small quantity of Low carb food.