1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2022 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

How you perceive yourself after low carb!

Discussion in 'Reactive Hypoglycemia' started by Lamont D, Aug 3, 2016.

1. Lamont D

Lamont D Reactive hypoglycemia · Master

Every day recently, I get to look at myself in the mirror, I'm not vain but I can see without weighing myself, how I look, I also feel thinner and have more energy than when I had my little blip of weight gain. A couple of months ago.
    But some mornings, I think I'm kidding myself and feel fatter than I am and get the feeling that I'm not doing as well as I should be!
    Does anyone else get the feeling that they are bigger or smaller than they actually are?

I'm on a thin day and fasting till three!

• Like Like x 4
  2. hankjam

hankjam Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

My mind clearly plays tricks on me...
    I've lost a lot of weight and now find 30's a bit too loose... and yet I still feel as if I am still carrying around a rubber tyre or two round my middle...
    :)

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Kristin251

Kristin251 LADA · Expert

I know my arms, legs and hips are thin but that stomach? Always sticking out and always has. Some days worse than others. I'm self conscious of it but I don't wear clingy shirts to help hide it so I'm not sucking it in all day. Lol. Hard to breath. It is definitely the largest part of me and the one I wish would be the smallest.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. britishpub

britishpub Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Yes, it's weird.

When I was a fatso, I would look down at my belly and think it didn't look "too bad"

Now, in my size 32 troosers that are loose, I look down and think I still need to loose some to get a flat stomach.

Perception, is a strange thing I guess.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. lindisfel

lindisfel · Well-Known Member

Me, I think I am a scraggy old man! :)

• Like Like x 2
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook