How you perceive yourself after low carb!

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Every day recently, I get to look at myself in the mirror, I'm not vain but I can see without weighing myself, how I look, I also feel thinner and have more energy than when I had my little blip of weight gain. A couple of months ago.
But some mornings, I think I'm kidding myself and feel fatter than I am and get the feeling that I'm not doing as well as I should be!
Does anyone else get the feeling that they are bigger or smaller than they actually are?

I'm on a thin day and fasting till three!

Reactions: 4 people

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My mind clearly plays tricks on me...
I've lost a lot of weight and now find 30's a bit too loose... and yet I still feel as if I am still carrying around a rubber tyre or two round my middle...
:)

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I know my arms, legs and hips are thin but that stomach? Always sticking out and always has. Some days worse than others. I'm self conscious of it but I don't wear clingy shirts to help hide it so I'm not sucking it in all day. Lol. Hard to breath. It is definitely the largest part of me and the one I wish would be the smallest.

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes, it's weird.

When I was a fatso, I would look down at my belly and think it didn't look "too bad"

Now, in my size 32 troosers that are loose, I look down and think I still need to loose some to get a flat stomach.

Perception, is a strange thing I guess.