hpv vaccine

carob28

Hi all, my daughter is in 2nd year of high school and is due her hpv vaccine next month can anyone help me out with info re her diabetes? and if anyone knows of any side affects? she is type one on novorapid and levimer. any info is very much appreciated.

copepod

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
In the UK, the vaccine used against HPV is Cervarix, NOT Gardasil - see http://www.immunisation.nhs.uk/Vaccines/HPV/
Generally, having diabetes has no impact on vaccinations - except perhaps extra concern / sympathy from others having vaccines, who think that all injections are intramuscular with larger needles than subcutaneous insulin!

carob28

hi thank you very for reasuring me there!! i was a wee bit freaked out by the other posts link :shock: , Any how my daughter has always recieved her vaccinations this is just the 1st one since diagnosis and i wanted to be extra sure it was safe enough for her thanks again very muchly appreciated!!

carob28

i'm just posting this incase any other parent try to find anything relating to this, my Daughter was tired after recieving her first injection (course of 3) she came home from school early and went to bed for the afternoon but other than that she was fine. it didn't interfere with her diabetes.