HUGE NEWS! PLEASE READ!!

jasmine1616

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
hate people who think they know about T1D, but they really don't
So I know that you pushed the button to read this thread, and it is for a great cause. I learned that in 2018, there is going to be a band called a "K'Track Glucose wearable", which is basically a band that is like a watch/activity watch that checks your glucose without having to do any finger pricks! It just uses tiny, little, 0.5 mm needles within the band, but they don't even go far inside your body. I heard that it's not super expensive, but I'd have to look that up on the interweb (I love saying that, well, typing it). Thank you sooo much for reading this. Comment below on your opinion. Are you excited? I know I am.

Speedbird

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Sounds promising. And a huge relief to all that finger pricking. Maybe competition for the expensive Libre which a lot of folk can't afford.
Let's wait and see.

Mickyduff

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I heard the Libre could be coming on to prescription soon, I so hope this is true. I've had a couple of sensors, and they are amazing, but just find them so expensive to use continually.
The K'Track Glucose wearable does look interesting too.

Reactions: kimrooney89

novorapidboi26

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
We're moving in the right direction which gets two thumbs up form me....:joyful:

CherryAA

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am sure that eventually this type of thing will beomce standard and as such the prices will come down, however I wouldn't assume its going to be any cheaper than the current market entrants jsut yet.

"The K’Track Glucose is expected to retail for $149 with 30-day replacement capsules for $99. K’Track Athlete will sell for $199 with 30-day capsules for $149. No telling when you’ll be able to get it, though; the company says they’re waiting for FDA approval, for which they’ve applied."

Both of these pricings are higher than the freestyle libre

Speedbird

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I am sure that eventually this type of thing will beomce standard and as such the prices will come down, however I wouldn't assume its going to be any cheaper than the current market entrants jsut yet.

"The K’Track Glucose is expected to retail for $149 with 30-day replacement capsules for $99. K’Track Athlete will sell for $199 with 30-day capsules for $149. No telling when you’ll be able to get it, though; the company says they’re waiting for FDA approval, for which they’ve applied."

Both of these pricings are higher than the freestyle libre
Competition is good though. I am hoping it works in our favour

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Looks like a nice bit of kit..
However, I would need to take it off for certain activities. Like working on my van for instance, in tight spaces? I've caught & broken normal watches.. :banghead:

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The K'Track Glucose works out about £120 for the device and £80/month for the capsule (at current exchange rate) - so initial out lay will be higher than the Libre but monthly costs on par or slightly less than the Libre. Hopefully without the adhesive reaction - I'm interested!

Reactions: ickihun

jasmine1616

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
hate people who think they know about T1D, but they really don't
For those of you who have already commented, and those who are about to comment, PLEASE READ! I am American, so this is a good price for my country.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Both devices look great and very promising.................a step in the right direction away from finger prick tests, but as ever the price is the deciding factor as to who uses them and who doesn't, it will be out of reach for many (just as it is now with the Libre) but with competition hopefully the price will plummet over the next few years.

Reactions: col101

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Looks like a nice bit of kit..
However, I would need to take it off for certain activities. Like working on my van for instance, in tight spaces? I've caught & broken normal watches.. :banghead:

Or get a more reliable van???! :rolleyes:

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Or get a more reliable van???! :rolleyes:

Lol, "maintenance"? Why wait for anything to just "breakdown." ;)

The watch is still a fantastic advance on the monitoring tech though...

leking

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The K'Track Glucose works out about £120 for the device and £80/month for the capsule (at current exchange rate) - so initial out lay will be higher than the Libre but monthly costs on par or slightly less than the Libre. Hopefully without the adhesive reaction - I'm interested!
You usually just exchange the $ sign for the £ sign to get the UK price. Sadly US prices rarely translate to UK/Europe prices as they should :(

Joah

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Sounds and looks like a great piece of kit!I sooooo want one!

ChrisH5

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It doesn't seem to do continuous monitoring though, just when the button is pressed. Or did I read it wrong? The sugarbeat also needs new sensors daily, they don't seem as useful as the Libre to me, but yes competition would be good if the NHS don't start offering any alternatives.

GrantGam

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I get excited when I see this sort of tech, but then extremely let down when nothing appears to materialise or launch dates get delayed by years.

Moreover, it would appear that the manufacturers are too inept to throw together a proper website; which doesn't exactly fill me with enthusiasm regarding their product... Please correct me if I'm wrong, but is everyone else experiencing bother when trying to read the FAQ section on the PKVitality site? Can get the links opened with either Chrome, Firefox or on my Android phone...

It's frustrating as I'd like to know about cost, accuracy, how it works, etc. As I'm sure we all would!

ChrisH5

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Not sure if this'll work (most image hosting sites are blocked in my work - as is anything but the front page of this one) but try this
965f6396

in fact here's the text;
When will K'Track® be available ?
Product will be available as soon as medical certification is being passed. This date will vary from region to region. If all developments go well, first product introduction is planned for 2018. In the meantime, you are welcomed to subscribe to our newsletter in the contact page in order to be updated about our progresses.

What is in the K'Track pack ?
The K’Track Glucose pack consists of:

• 1 K’Track Glucose watch
  • 1 load box
  • 1 free application
The K’Track Athlete pack consists of:

• 1 K’Track Athlete armband
  • 1 load box
  • 1 free application
How does K’aspsul® work ?
K’apsul is a tiny consumable that need to be plugged in K’Track devices.

K’aspul can make unlimited measurements for a period of 30 days, after which it should be changed.

Each K’apsul integrates is composed of bio sensors and of SkinTaste® technology an array of micro-needles. At the touch-of-a button, the probes pumps a tiny drop of interstitial fluid into the K’Track wearable device for bio-chemical analysis. While the user will feel the slight pressure of the probe pressing on their skin, they feel absolutely no pain as the sensor never reaches any nerve or blood vessel.

How accurate is it ?
K’Track is in a process of medical certification. During this process, clinical tests must be performed and officially validated, thus ensuring the accuracy of measurements.

Does K’Track allow continuous monitoring ?
K’Track Glucose does not record glucose level automatically or continuously.

User need to press K’Track on the skin before reading the result on the screen. User can however measure its glucose level as many time as he/she wants within the K’apsul‘s lifetime. He/she can also set automatic alerts on his/her K’Track to be reminded to take measurements during the day.

K’Track Athlete allows both on demand and continuous measurement. User just need to decide the interval between each measurement before he/she begins the recording sequence.

How can I change my K’apsul ?
K’aspul is easy to insert and remove from the K’Track watch. After 30 days of measurement, the K’aspul just need to be changed with another one thanks to the provided tool.

What if I already wear a watch or tracker ?
K’Track can be worn as an armband, as a watch but also as a stand alone device kept in the charging box. So you can use it and continue to wear your other devices on the wrist.

Will there be a version for children ?
We received many requests for this question so this is in the list of our projects. This is one of our priority which will require first the adult version to pass medical certification.

At what price will it be available ?
The K’Track Glucose should be priced at 149 $/€

The K’Track Athlete should be priced at 199 $/€

The K’apsul Glucose sensor, valid for 30 days, should be priced at 99 $/€

The K’apsul Athlete sensor, valid for 30 days, should be priced at 149 $/€

All these prices are subject to change, depend on local duties and taxes.

Will it be reimbursed ?
Once the medical certification process for marketing K’Track is finalized, a second process must be initiated so that it can be reimbursed by local social security and / or insurances. Level of reimbursement will vary. We will keep you updated via our newsletter.

Reactions: GrantGam

GrantGam

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Not sure if this'll work (most image hosting sites are blocked in my work - as is anything but the front page of this one) but try this
965f6396

in fact here's the text;
When will K'Track® be available ?
Product will be available as soon as medical certification is being passed. This date will vary from region to region. If all developments go well, first product introduction is planned for 2018. In the meantime, you are welcomed to subscribe to our newsletter in the contact page in order to be updated about our progresses.

What is in the K'Track pack ?
The K’Track Glucose pack consists of:

• 1 K’Track Glucose watch
  • 1 load box
  • 1 free application
The K’Track Athlete pack consists of:

• 1 K’Track Athlete armband
  • 1 load box
  • 1 free application
How does K’aspsul® work ?
K’apsul is a tiny consumable that need to be plugged in K’Track devices.

K’aspul can make unlimited measurements for a period of 30 days, after which it should be changed.

Each K’apsul integrates is composed of bio sensors and of SkinTaste® technology an array of micro-needles. At the touch-of-a button, the probes pumps a tiny drop of interstitial fluid into the K’Track wearable device for bio-chemical analysis. While the user will feel the slight pressure of the probe pressing on their skin, they feel absolutely no pain as the sensor never reaches any nerve or blood vessel.

How accurate is it ?
K’Track is in a process of medical certification. During this process, clinical tests must be performed and officially validated, thus ensuring the accuracy of measurements.

Does K’Track allow continuous monitoring ?
K’Track Glucose does not record glucose level automatically or continuously.

User need to press K’Track on the skin before reading the result on the screen. User can however measure its glucose level as many time as he/she wants within the K’apsul‘s lifetime. He/she can also set automatic alerts on his/her K’Track to be reminded to take measurements during the day.

K’Track Athlete allows both on demand and continuous measurement. User just need to decide the interval between each measurement before he/she begins the recording sequence.

How can I change my K’apsul ?
K’aspul is easy to insert and remove from the K’Track watch. After 30 days of measurement, the K’aspul just need to be changed with another one thanks to the provided tool.

What if I already wear a watch or tracker ?
K’Track can be worn as an armband, as a watch but also as a stand alone device kept in the charging box. So you can use it and continue to wear your other devices on the wrist.

Will there be a version for children ?
We received many requests for this question so this is in the list of our projects. This is one of our priority which will require first the adult version to pass medical certification.

At what price will it be available ?
The K’Track Glucose should be priced at 149 $/€

The K’Track Athlete should be priced at 199 $/€

The K’apsul Glucose sensor, valid for 30 days, should be priced at 99 $/€

The K’apsul Athlete sensor, valid for 30 days, should be priced at 149 $/€

All these prices are subject to change, depend on local duties and taxes.

Will it be reimbursed ?
Once the medical certification process for marketing K’Track is finalized, a second process must be initiated so that it can be reimbursed by local social security and / or insurances. Level of reimbursement will vary. We will keep you updated via our newsletter.
Many thanks @ChrisH5!