Hypo after hypo

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hi diabeticmegxo. I'm T2, an oldie and not on Insulin but when I have a hypo I find a few jelly babies work quickly for me. I retest after about 10 mins to make sure my level is back in range then if is not meal time I have a small snack to keep my levels up. I keep small packs of about 6 jelly babies around and about so 'I don't get tempted to eat the lot! :D Maybe get advice from your DN???
If you are having hypos on the Glicizide, you should talk to your GP to either alter the dosage or recommend something else.
Sorry about the derailment.
Hi,
So tonight I had a hypo of 3.2 and I treated with 3 glucotabs and I retested still 3.3. Waited again still 3.3. I finally came back up to 4.2 then after 15 minutes to make sure everything is okay I checked. I had dropped to 2.8 so I had 2 more glucotabs and my bloods are now 5.7
Does this happen to anyone else?

If I had recurring episodes of Hypoglycaemia, I would recommend something quick acting then eating something that would stabilise your blood levels. The rebound effect is just as bad!

Reactions: HopeGirl

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
If you are having hypos on the Glicizide, you should talk to your GP to either alter the dosage or recommend something else.

If I had recurring episodes of Hypoglycaemia, I would recommend something quick acting then eating something that would stabilise your blood levels. The rebound effect is just as bad!
Thanks for the advice, Lamont D. ( I wasn't sure if it was for me or for diabeticmegxo). I did have my dose of gliclizide reduced as I started having hypos when I began reducing carbs and increasing exercise. I rarely have low levels now. In fact due to a back injury I have been unable to exercise and am now having problems keeping my levels down. Thanks again.:)

Last edited:
Reactions: Lamont D