Hypo frequency against severity

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
i have horrific hypos and usually have a fit i went to bed on 10 then the paramedics told me i was only 1.6 when i eventually came round plus i then spend the next 2 days with very high sugars around 16-28 diabetes is the worst ever i just want to die most of time and I've been diabetic since birth with type 1

Horrible! Has your DSN made any suggestions to help?

iHs

Hi to all you hypoers

get yourselves onto cgm. Although the alarms can be a bit embarrassing at times, cgm is a godsend during the night whilst asleep and can wake you up before a bad low starts that might need third party help. I would imagine that millions across the world will all sing it's praises. Other than that, think seriously about having a pump because once the basal rate time slots are adjusted to suit a bg target level, they too can prevent the need for third party help. Hypostop glucose gel is also a must have because it can also be absorbed through the buccal lining in the mouth.

@onehand have you tried going to bed with a lower bg level but eat a snack that includes a good knob of cheese with a large dollop of peanut butter on a cracker. That might be better than going to bed on a bg of 10mmol and not eating anything. Trial and error with bg testing during the night about 1hr before a low starts can also prevent low bg getting really bad.

mentat

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
What's cgm?
Continuous Glucose Monitor, such as the Dexcom or Enlite. A sensor is inserted under your skin and measures your interstitial glucose (which lags about 15 minutes behind blood glucose) every 5 minutes.

Lynz84

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Continuous Glucose Monitor, such as the Dexcom or Enlite. A sensor is inserted under your skin and measures your interstitial glucose (which lags about 15 minutes behind blood glucose) every 5 minutes.
I would love to but not financially feasible!

rebecca1985

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I had a 3.9 this afternoon whilst walking in the park, felt jittery and had a sit down and treated, but now feel absolutely knackered and lethargic. It's weird how it affects you sometimes!

Lynz84

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I had a 3.9 this afternoon whilst walking in the park, felt jittery and had a sit down and treated, but now feel absolutely knackered and lethargic. It's weird how it affects you sometimes!
Hope youre feeling better rebecca!