hypo/lows over a number of days

Engineer88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
currently sitting about 11 and i normally walk 20mins at lunch so will see what I am when I get back. Salad for lunch with no carbs so will depend on if/how much cake i have with it then. thanks guys

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
I eat a lot of stuff in my salads - all weighed when I went to pping to get really accurate values.. My salads.. Grapes, walnuts, peppers, cucumbers, onions, 1/2 apple, tomatoes - they can all add up to 19g of carb....

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

K8tie_x

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Ive found Ive been having hypos too in the day I'm presuming the slightly warmer weather is to blame but then last night was out of the blue running high when that's my usual best time for stability in my bloods! How have you been today? I'm also the same with coke I can find it picks my bloods up but not for long I find 150ml of orange juice works better for me to avoid recurring hypos.

Spiker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Orange juice works for a longer time than Coke because fruit juice has got lots of fructose which metabolises more slowly. It's why it's not ideal for severe hypos but great for milder ones. It is a gift that keeps on giving. :)

iHs

At the moment I am ok in the morning and early afternoon but from 4pm on my bg goes up fairly high so am going to alter the 2pm, 3pm basals and see what happens tomorrow. With any luck, ill do a basal test

K8tie_x

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I find the afternoon basal testing so difficult I still haven't managed to do one after 10 weeks on the pump!
My dietician doesn't like juice being used for hypo treatment but I find it works for me well, immediately, and avoids those sickly fizzy pop feelings so DSN is happy for me to carry on but it may not work well for everyone.

Engineer88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Yes I seem to have headed the other way now currently sitting about 12.

I eat a lot of stuff in my salads - all weighed when I went to pping to get really accurate values.. My salads.. Grapes, walnuts, peppers, cucumbers, onions, 1/2 apple, tomatoes - they can all add up to 19g of carb....

I dont have anything like those in a salad, yesterday it was lettice, 4 cherry tomatos, half a pepper, carrot grated, and a spring onion. I dont eat grapes or apple or oranges i find them too acidic.

Spiker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
There are some carbs in tomatoes, carrots and onions so you might need a teeny bolus dose with your salad too?

Engineer88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Generally I dont need anything with that and with the CGM I pick up on it if I do.

I know people carb count every available bit of carbs but I dont, and its rare i need to bolos for protein also.