HypoBand - would you like to take part in a 2 week hypo alert wristwatch trial?

Soledad

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I get cold sweats pretty often. Would like to give this a go.

diane2

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
We are working with Hypoband and they'd like 20 people to trial their Hypoband, which is a device to help prevent hypoglycemia. The trial will last for 2 weeks and we're keen to see what the community think of the device.

"Hypoband measures the skin’s humidity and temperature levels and displays the readings on the screen of the smartphone. It measures the skin’s humidity. The Hypoband is paired to a smartphone (Android or iOS) and triggers it upon the onset of a cold sweat to make phone calls, SMS or simply to alert you. Hypoband is patent pending and a CE MDD 93/42 EEC Class 1 product, The Hypoband bluetooth interfaces with a smartphone that has a preloaded Hypoband Android/iOS App. It triggers for help via a phone call or short message service (SMS) when the threshold limits of a “cold sweat” are met or when the panic button is activated. It also has a standalone alarm mode."​

There is a full manual that can be downloaded from their website http://www.hypoband.co.uk/cold-sweat-alarm/functions and you can watch videos giving instructions on the setup and usage:

If you'd like to take part, please email [email protected] please with your name and address. We will then send a consent form from Hypoband - once signed, Hypoband will send a product out to you. The Hypoband team will also be on standby to assist with any questions and can be reached by phone and email.
I would love to try it I do have a lot of lows please it would b great

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Football
Hi I've been a type 1 diabetice for 43 years, I'm now suffering bad in the middle of my sleep, with hypo unawareness, unless my husband wakes up and checks on me, which is every night, he as told me he's getting fed up of this, so I feel I'm not getting the support I need, if I get the opportunity and love it, I would definitely purchase one Thank you

richyb

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Cold weather
We are working with Hypoband and they'd like 20 people to trial their Hypoband, which is a device to help prevent hypoglycemia. The trial will last for 2 weeks and we're keen to see what the community think of the device.

"Hypoband measures the skin’s humidity and temperature levels and displays the readings on the screen of the smartphone. It measures the skin’s humidity. The Hypoband is paired to a smartphone (Android or iOS) and triggers it upon the onset of a cold sweat to make phone calls, SMS or simply to alert you. Hypoband is patent pending and a CE MDD 93/42 EEC Class 1 product, The Hypoband bluetooth interfaces with a smartphone that has a preloaded Hypoband Android/iOS App. It triggers for help via a phone call or short message service (SMS) when the threshold limits of a “cold sweat” are met or when the panic button is activated. It also has a standalone alarm mode."​

There is a full manual that can be downloaded from their website http://www.hypoband.co.uk/cold-sweat-alarm/functions and you can watch videos giving instructions on the setup and usage:

If you'd like to take part, please email [email protected] please with your name and address. We will then send a consent form from Hypoband - once signed, Hypoband will send a product out to you. The Hypoband team will also be on standby to assist with any questions and can be reached by phone and email.
details sent

tawsy1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cant stand people who think they know it all
How do I take part in the trial

Nuck

please I am at withs end. I cant sleep at night, im disabled with uncontrollable diabeted for 47 yrs. I am having unaware hypos and then up over 33s. but mainly at night and not aware. my husband has ha to giuve up work to look after me. now my kidneys are very bad and waiting the outcome of some test as I may have to have dialysis, and they want me to have a pancreas transplant. please bare me in mind to give me a relief at night that I can sleep. thankyou Sharon Nicholson
Sharon, when you say an uncontrollable diet what do you mean?

asa35

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Hi, is this offer still running. I also use the Libre at the moment which gives no warnings. Because of numerous lows, the hospital now wants me to run high while they sort ratios, but I'm not comfortable with this.
Thanks

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Hello, I see this has been going for 6 months now, (actually it's nearer 7 months) any word on Hypoband nearing the potential 2 week trial for members ?
Thank you, RRB

Last edited by a moderator:

Nyxks

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Discrimination based on gender, age, medical conditions, etc.
sounds nice - would be nice if the trial was here in Canada

steve1766

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
email sent just waiting for my reply for the hypoband
as im type 1 diabetic for 5years

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
email sent just waiting for my reply for the hypoband
as im type 1 diabetic for 5years
This thread is a year old so I suspect you are a more than a bit late :)