hypoglycaemia

Ayed447_

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
No, definitely not!

My Hba1c test is always in the normal range.
The hba1c test is a test used to give the doctors a average of your blood glucose levels over the past three months. This result is indicative of diabetes if above 7 mmols or I think 49, is now used.

Really I hope you be in perfect health .. you don't now how your replies meant to me .. I'm great full

My last HBA1c was 5 I did it last week
My gtt result will come this Thursday
My pro insulin next week

Before I exercise a lot .. I stopped for 6 months and eat high carbs
No i have lost 3 K for 3 days I feel continues light headiness

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi and welcome @Ayed447_

Where are you? I will give you a link to the DietDoctor website below, but depending on which country you live in, you may have to change the recipes a lot, and may not be able to get all the ingredients.

www.dietdoctor.com

What have your doctors told you about reactive hypoglycaemia? And what have they told you to eat?

Reactions: Ayed447_

Ayed447_

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Hi and welcome @Ayed447_

Where are you? I will give you a link to the DietDoctor website below, but depending on which country you live in, you may have to change the recipes a lot, and may not be able to get all the ingredients.

www.dietdoctor.com

What have your doctors told you about reactive hypoglycaemia? And what have they told you to eat?

Hi

Thanks for your reply ..
Im from Saudi Arabia

In 2015 my doctor actually said its nothing to worry only organize my meals .. it work but I noticed it when I missed some meal

Now I read a lot in the net .. am confused and stressed in my condition

And fried it will progress to diabetes!

Reactions: Lamont D

Lorraine1973

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Reactive Hypoglycaemia!

It is an endocrine disorder that the pancreas creates too much insulin and give the patient if not controlled hypers and hypos because of the hormone imbalance.
The usual dietary culprits are the same as diabetes.
There is no cure, but control is essential for future health.
Thank you Lamont x

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am trying to get your posts in the right forum where the knowledge you need to help you. Once we do that, you can read at your leisure, how RH can be really treated properly.
Just to give you a starter, can you give us a normal daily diet that you eat?

If you didn't know, we have an intolerance to food that has carbs and sugars.

I have the thread, Lamont D . Just for your info; any mod can move a post or thread, not just @Administrator .

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Ayed447_

Well, with blood test results like yours, I don't think you have any reason to worry about type 2 diabetes at the moment! :)

My personal history is that I had RH for over 30 years before I developed type 2 diabetes, so while the two conditions may be linked, having RH doesn't automatically mean that you will develop diabetes. It may do. Or it may not. But the more you get control of it, and eat sensibly, then the better your health will be. Hopefully you won't get any worse, and then you won't develop type 2 diabetes. :)

Those of us on the forum who have RH tend to find that we each have a different 'comfort zone' for carbs. Once we know what that 'comfort zone' is, we can avoid getting hypers and that avoids getting hypos. All we have to do is to reduce our carb intake to below the level that triggers the hyper/hypo. Hopefully you will be able to do the same with a bit of trial and error.

We each eat slightly differently, once we have found what works for us.
I eat very low carb (ketogenic, less than 20g carbs a day) which is basically just meat, fish, eggs, cheese, cream, lots of veg and salad, with butter, olive oil, coconut oil, nuts and seeds. I avoid bread, rice, potato, pasta, cakes, sweet fruit and anything sugary.
@Lamont D does the same but with the addition of small pieces of fruit and yoghurt
@Kaz261 is able to tolerate a lot more carbohydrate, and can eat small portions of muesli, fruit, even bread and potatoes

(correct me if I am wrong, guys, you may have been adjusting your ways of eating without me noticing! :) )

But what we all have in common is that if we eat too much of a carbohydrate food (like bread, rice, potato, pasta, sweet fruit like dates or figs, bananas, mangoes, etc.) then it sends our blood sugar so high that it triggers too much insulin to be released, which then causes the hypo. Often, avoiding the food completely, or eating a smaller portion, can avoid triggering the excess insulin.

Hope this helps!

Last edited:

Ayed447_

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
@Ayed447_

Well, with blood test results like yours, I don't think you have any reason to worry about type 2 diabetes at the moment! :)

My personal history is that I had RH for over 30 years before I developed type 2 diabetes, so while the two conditions may be linked, having RH doesn't automatically mean that you will develop diabetes. It may do. Or it may not. But the more you get control of it, and eat sensibly, then the better your health will be. Hopefully you won't get any worse, and then you won't develop type 2 diabetes. :)

Those of us on the forum who have RH tend to find that we each have a different 'comfort zone' for carbs. Once we know what that 'comfort zone' is, we can avoid getting hypers and that avoids getting hypos. All we have to do is to reduce our carb intake to below the level that triggers the hyper/hypo. Hopefully you will be able to do the same with a bit of trial and error.

We each eat slightly differently, once we have found what works for us.
I eat very low carb (ketogenic, less than 20g carbs a day) which is basically just meat, fish, eggs, cheese, cream, lots of veg and salad, with butter, olive oil, coconut oil, nuts and seeds. I avoid bread, rice, potato, pasta, cakes, sweet fruit and anything sugary.
@Lamont D does the same but with the addition of small pieces of fruit and yoghurt
@Kaz261 is able to tolerate a lot more carbohydrate, and can eat small portions of muesli, fruit, even bread and potatoes

(correct me if I am wrong, guys, you may have been adjusting your ways of eating without me noticing! :) )

But what we all have in common is that if we eat too much of a carbohydrate food (like bread, rice, potato, pasta, sweet fruit like dates or figs, bananas, mangoes, etc.) then it sends our blood sugar so high that it triggers too much insulin to be released, which then causes the hypo. Often, avoiding the food completely, or eating a smaller portion, can avoid triggering the excess insulin.

Hope this helps!

Really I appreciate what your doing and explaining to my

I was in messed up condition

I'll exercise more often.
And begins low carb diet
Can you pleas guide my to take information about low carb diet

But the rices is our traditional food in Saudi Arabia .. we eat more rice then Chinese :)

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
:)
Glad you are willing to give it a go.
And hopefully, you will be able to work out a balance where you feel well, eat foods you enjoy, and keep your RH under control.
With luck, you will be able to keep some nice carbs in your diet.

Have a look at this link. It shows you all the sorts of food that are on a low carb diet.
https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb/60-seconds

The simplest way of going low carb is to reduce the bread, rice, potatoes, and so on, and just eat more vegetables instead, while keeping your meat, fish, eggs, beans, pulses, etc the same. And see how you feel.

Here is a link to the common mistakes people sometimes make
https://authoritynutrition.com/5-most-common-low-carb-mistakes/

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I'm sorry everyone, my internet crashed!
Thanks @Brunneria, as usual more articulate than me!
Yes, do try @Ayed447_ the low carb diet and more importantly test. Get yourself a monitor, you are going to need it!

Now we are in the right forum, you can click on ' reactive hypoglycaemia' and you will see the threads just for us! You can read at your leisure and come back with questions. We will try and help you if we can.
We are not medical practitioners, but have our own experiences and achieved great results in ourselves and others that have tried our advice.

Ok, the low carb forum can be found by clicking on the forum button at the top of the page, scrolling down the sections on diabetic forums, and you should see the ' low carb forum' there. Click on that forum and read away!

If you are writing in English, it is very good!

Ayed447_

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
I'm sorry everyone, my internet crashed!
Thanks @Brunneria, as usual more articulate than me!
Yes, do try @Ayed447_ the low carb diet and more importantly test. Get yourself a monitor, you are going to need it!

Now we are in the right forum, you can click on ' reactive hypoglycaemia' and you will see the threads just for us! You can read at your leisure and come back with questions. We will try and help you if we can.
We are not medical practitioners, but have our own experiences and achieved great results in ourselves and others that have tried our advice.

Ok, the low carb forum can be found by clicking on the forum button at the top of the page, scrolling down the sections on diabetic forums, and you should see the ' low carb forum' there. Click on that forum and read away!

If you are writing in English, it is very good!

Thank you lamont .. Your support is so amazing.. I hope I don't annoy you in the future..

Just now I bought a new monitor and I'll begin to test after each meals 30m 1hr 2hrs and see how I react to it

I wish that I'll never return to high carb again

I read some articles in the net that suggest that RH will develop to diabetes!

Actually my EN is poor .. its nice from you

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Thank you lamont .. Your support is so amazing.. I hope I don't annoy you in the future..

Just now I bought a new monitor and I'll begin to test after each meals 30m 1hr 2hrs and see how I react to it

I wish that I'll never return to high carb again

I read some articles in the net that suggest that RH will develop to diabetes!

Actually my EN is poor .. its nice from you

There is no reason why you should if you have good control of the condition.
Being in near in normal blood glucose levels range will bring health benefits as well!
Simply put, it will all depend on what you eat!
Carbs and glucose are things we need but we need to avoid too many or as low as our own personal condition will allow.
RH is a very individual condition, as @Brunneria has already stated. You will have to tailor your food to your circumstances and of course, ethnicity, availability and your own personal tastes.

It is very good to speak to someone from a different part of the world, despite our differences, we are all the same inside!
We want to share our experiences as this is beneficial for everyone, not just those who are in the UK. This is a forum becoming known world wide and we have contributions from many and varied posters from across the globe.
It is also a good thing to know, that having a rare condition as we have, and the medical advice is still in its infancy with no real research except a few papers.

Your English is far better than my Arabic or even any other languages!
I only have English for my sins!
And my accent is very strong, you couldn't understand me, if you listened to me!
Far better, in print!

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Really I hope you be in perfect health .. you don't now how your replies meant to me .. I'm great full

My last HBA1c was 5 I did it last week
My gtt result will come this Thursday
My pro insulin next week

Before I exercise a lot .. I stopped for 6 months and eat high carbs
No i have lost 3 K for 3 days I feel continues light headiness

Your Hba1c is in normal levels,, as they should be, and very far from diabetic range!
Exercise is very important! However, vigorous exercise will raise blood glucose levels too quickly. Swimming, walking or a gentle exercise regime is far better. Working is another way of exercise. Once your body has adapted to Low carb, your exercise will help with control.
Light readiness is a symptom when your blood glucose levels are going up or down (fluctuating) too quickly.

If you don't quite understand something, let us know.
There are no stupid questions, only the ones not asked!

Best wishes

Ayed447_

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Your Hba1c is in normal levels,, as they should be, and very far from diabetic range!
Exercise is very important! However, vigorous exercise will raise blood glucose levels too quickly. Swimming, walking or a gentle exercise regime is far better. Working is another way of exercise. Once your body has adapted to Low carb, your exercise will help with control.
Light readiness is a symptom when your blood glucose levels are going up or down (fluctuating) too quickly.

Best wishes

yesterday I slept well .. Thanks to you and Brunneria

My dinner yesterday was salad of lettuce, rocca and Cucumber with full fat Cheddar cheese and milk .. I felt well and the light headiness less then usual

I read the wep that Brunneria sent and found that Nuts better than candy while having Hypo!
Should I have more Nuts

Really I need to know more about low carb and what to eat and when

For exercise you mean .. like walking is better than running!

What about
push-ups
Heavy or low Lifting

Reactions: Brunneria

Ayed447_

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
:)
Glad you are willing to give it a go.
And hopefully, you will be able to work out a balance where you feel well, eat foods you enjoy, and keep your RH under control.
With luck, you will be able to keep some nice carbs in your diet.

Have a look at this link. It shows you all the sorts of food that are on a low carb diet.
https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb/60-seconds

The simplest way of going low carb is to reduce the bread, rice, potatoes, and so on, and just eat more vegetables instead, while keeping your meat, fish, eggs, beans, pulses, etc the same. And see how you feel.

Here is a link to the common mistakes people sometimes make
https://authoritynutrition.com/5-most-common-low-carb-mistakes/

Thanks for the links ..

Could I ask you about something ..

You said that you have RH for 30 years before you diagnosed whit T2 .. after you catch T2 still you have HR like before or what you changed in the new situation ..

Ayed447_

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes

Best wishes

Also Diet Coke is it good or bad

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
yesterday I slept well .. Thanks to you and Brunneria

My dinner yesterday was salad of lettuce, rocca and Cucumber with full fat Cheddar cheese and milk .. I felt well and the light headiness less then usual

I read the wep that Brunneria sent and found that Nuts better than candy while having Hypo!
Should I have more Nuts

Really I need to know more about low carb and what to eat and when

For exercise you mean .. like walking is better than running!

What about
push-ups
Heavy or low Lifting

Glad you slept better, surprising how much good night's lead to better days.

Good dinner.

Yes, nuts is very good, depending on which type and availability.

Low carb is such a huge broad subject. I mostly eat fresh food. Cooked fresh meat and fresh salad vegetables. With other filling foods such as nuts full fat dairy and bits of fruit.

Gym work is good, walking is good and as long as it doesn't push your blood glucose levels up, that is no problem.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Also Diet Coke is it good or bad

I have one a day after lunch or mid afternoon, never after sundown because of the caffeine. Some are affected by the sweeteners such as aspartame.

Tea, coffee and water is better when trying to lose weight or fasting.

Ayed447_

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
I have one a day after lunch or mid afternoon, never after sundown because of the caffeine. Some are affected by the sweeteners such as aspartame.

Thanks for your support

Ayed447_

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes

Excuse me lamont ..

I want to share something with you .. and need your advise on it

At 4:15 I had tea with little sugar
5:47 i tested and it was 88 mg/dl
6:14 .. 81
6:18 .. 75
At this point I felt vary anxiety and scared
6:21 .. 84
6:57 .. 91
7:07 .. 89

What happening to me!?

Also dose anxiety affect the levels making it higher!?

If it dose that means anxiety can help develop diabetes..

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Excuse me lamont ..

I want to share something with you .. and need your advise on it

At 4:15 I had tea with little sugar
5:47 i tested and it was 88 mg/dl
6:14 .. 81
6:18 .. 75
At this point I felt vary anxiety and scared
6:21 .. 84
6:57 .. 91
7:07 .. 89

What happening to me!?

Also dose anxiety affect the levels making it higher!?

If it dose that means anxiety can help develop diabetes..

All those numbers are good. It was only a small raise and a little drop all within normal blood glucose levels. That is what I would always aim for.
Anxiety can and will raise your bloods a little higher but not that you would notice as the monitors are not exact.

I think that your body will take time to adjust and adapt to Low carb eating. Your body is probably asking for more sugars and carbs. It is going to take a few weeks to get through this initial period. Keep with it, it will be so beneficial in the future.

Ok, anxiety!

It is a symptom of RH! Not the actual condition of what is diagnosed as 'General Anxiety Disorder'! Therefore it is caused by the high insulin in your blood.
That means the lack of glucose getting to where it is most needed, your brain.
However, what happens next, your brain is urging you to get some more glucose, so you get hunger messages to eat more and more. But the more you eat, especially carbs, triggers more and more insulin and you get a circle of horrible symptoms and the effects.
Your brain is telling you to eat, when you shouldn't!
The less carbs and sugars will reverse all those symptoms and the hunger goes away and the anxiety will eventually, hopefully go away. Like mine did, I still question myself and I try not to cause problems, but isn't life all about facing these things and battling through them?

Anxiety is caused by the high insulin and low glucose in your blood. As far as I'm aware, this cannot cause diabetes! This is usually high blood levels consistently over a number of years! You have normal hba1c levels, so the threat of diabetes is not there.

But, I will say this, but it is your results that give me that confidence.
Hyperinsulinaemia (high insulin levels) does preclude type two in many cases. With high glucose levels following on. If you (with normal levels) have a low carb diet your insulin will drop to normal levels naturally.
With RH, the best way to treat it is to stay away from foods and drinks that raises blood glucose levels, and that causes hyperglycaemia (high blood glucose levels), that will trigger the first and second insulin response, over producing insulin and lowering glucose levels to hypoglycaemia (low blood glucose levels).
No hyper, no hypo!
Your body adjusts to having normal blood glucose levels and that improves general health naturally without medication. The symptoms dissipate and you feel much better and healthier over time.
It works!
Nothing I have come across, dietary intake, diets, ever works!

Best wishes, keep asking!