Hypos?

andi2508

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi
Im t2 female, last hbaic 66. I am week 3 of 0.25 ozempic and 1000mg of metformin. For the past two days my libre2 alarm has been going off with readings of 3.8-3.4. I drink some lemonade and it goes back up. Why is this happening and how can I prevent it? It's worrying me that it will happen when I sleep. I have been exercising a bit more and have been generally more active, I also had flu last week but I recovered ok and feel fine? Any advice would be appreciated.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi
Im t2 female, last hbaic 66. I am week 3 of 0.25 ozempic and 1000mg of metformin. For the past two days my libre2 alarm has been going off with readings of 3.8-3.4. I drink some lemonade and it goes back up. Why is this happening and how can I prevent it? It's worrying me that it will happen when I sleep. I have been exercising a bit more and have been generally more active, I also had flu last week but I recovered ok and feel fine? Any advice would be appreciated.

Hi,

Have you checked these numbers against a meter? (To check your alarm hast been triggered by a “compression low?”)

Reactions: andi2508

andi2508

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
No, I don't have in date strips. The out of date strips are +2 but they are a couple of years out of date. I wasn't lying on my arm, the last alarm went off when I was walking around TESCO.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
No, I don't have in date strips. The out of date strips are +2 but they are a couple of years out of date. I wasn't lying on my arm, the last alarm went off when I was walking around TESCO.
Was it just the alarm or any form of symptom too? How long were you on your graph in the 3.4 range for? (Approx.)

In my experience with a low. It can stay there on the Libre for 40 minutes event though I personally feel better & my meter agrees?
There can be a lag due to a theory I have about interstitial fluid being the least priority (the brain being the first.) with a low recovery? (Just a theory, my brain & eyes waves the “white flag” first.)

I do feel you need to get some indate strips if only just to back up your Libre the next time it happens?
If I genuinely go low. I always mark “the meter says.” Where the graph suggests otherwise. Or I could wind up labelled “hypo unaware.” Which I’m not. Though, my alarm & Libre does give me an advanced 10minute warning that lowers the impact of the hypos, for me..

Reactions: andi2508

andi2508

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Was it just the alarm or any form of symptom too? How long were you on your graph in the 3.4 range for? (Approx.)

In my experience with a low. It can stay there on the Libre for 40 minutes event though I personally feel better & my meter agrees?
There can be a lag due to a theory I have about interstitial fluid being the least priority (the brain being the first.) with a low recovery? (Just a theory, my brain & eyes waves the “white flag” first.)

I do feel you need to get some indate strips if only just to back up your Libre the next time it happens?
If I genuinely go low. I always mark “the meter says.” Where the graph suggests otherwise. Or I could wind up labelled “hypo unaware.” Which I’m not. Though, my alarm & Libre does give me an advanced 10minute warning that lowers the impact of the hypos, for me..

Thanks Jaylee. I have ordered some strips. I had no symptoms, maybe a bit tired but nothing dramatic that's what was so concerning. I will speak to my GP.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Over time, your body is used to the diabetic levels when you were diagnosed as T2. When you change your diet, and you start getting lower average blood glucose levels, the body is not used to these levels and some will get symptoms of a sugar crash, some won't. With T2, some can live comfortable with the high 3mmols/ low 4mmols. Which is not a hypo, unless you are susceptible to hypo symptoms badly at those BG levels.if

Being in normal levels consistently, will control your T2, and improve your health.

Reactions: Paule Foster