I’ve been stuck in a hypo for an hour

ariaxo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Is there anyway to get blood off my fingers without the lancet?

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I feel like my blood sugar is getting lower. I think the sensor is accurate because the symptoms are getting worse . I think I’ll be wasting 111’s time

I'm not sure there's anything more any of us can do other than urge you to make that phone call, you WON'T be wasting their time and I feel we are now distracting you from doing what you should be doing, by trying to help. Please call them. x

Reactions: Sad21+ and Jaylee

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I know but I’ve had the freestyle libre so I didn’t bother ordering more lancets. But now I know to.

no I’m definitely gonna avoid pasta unless I’m going out

You always need your meter as a backup. What if you knocked your sensor off ot it just malfunctioned..?
Or possibly the device you use to read it went down?

"Plan B." :) & "C" with some spare kit..

ariaxo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I'm not sure there's anything more any of us can do other than urge you to make that phone call, you WON'T be wasting their time and I feel we are now distracting you from doing what you should be doing, by trying to help. Please call them. x
I think I will because I’m shaking uncontrollably now thanks

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Is there anyway to get blood off my fingers without the lancet?

The pin from the back of a badge? But clean it first. Use the wipe that comes with the Libre..?

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks they said a clinician will call me within 30 mins and they will call an ambulance :( I’m going to try and eat more starbursts so the ambulance don’t come
I'm very happy you called!
And I'll keep my fingers crossed the starbursts will do the trick!

Reactions: Sad21+

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks they said a clinician will call me within 30 mins and they will call an ambulance :( I’m going to try and eat more starbursts so the ambulance don’t come

If you have milk? Drink that too.. The lactose will help.

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Can you use one of the needles you use for your injections to prick your finger to get blood? Hope you feel ok soon. Please let us know when you're ok.

ariaxo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Can you use one of the needles you use for your injections to prick your finger to get blood? Hope you feel ok soon. Please let us know when you're ok.
I’ve tried doing that, but I feel like I’m not doing it deep enough I will try even tho it really hurts :(

ariaxo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
My machine has ran out of battery so I can’t. So the ambulance is coming guys incase :(

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
Clue? Always remember to cover your tracks

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I’m feeling better, thank you for asking. The lancets haven’t arrived yet but hopefully tomorrow.
Glad to hear you're doing better now!

I don't know if you use Facebook, but I've seen groups where you can give a shout out when you're alone and struggling with a hypo. There's always someone willing to stick with you online through messenger. You exchange addresses, so if the other doesn't hear from you in 15 minutes they'll send out an ambulance.

I've never used this, but I'm happy for this possibility if I ever feel unsafe again with a stubborn hypo. The last time this happened to me (after mixing up my long and short acting) I woke up a neighbour and had him sit with me until things were stable again. This obviously only works when you have very nice neighbours, and it's not something I'd want to do regularly. I think those Facebook groups are great, although it's of course a bit of a risk with the address. Still, it may be useful for you should this happen again.