I’ve reversed my type 2 diabetes

ReversedT2D

BANNED
Hi everyone,

I’m new here.
I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes just over a year ago with an HbA1c of 115.

Latest blood results shows it’s now 37.

My GP said I’ve reversed type 2 D.

Huraayyyyy!!!!

No more blurry eyes, pins and needles, sleep apnoea, kidney problems, and I’ve lost 8 Kg. I feel so much better and got my life back.

Andre

Ronancastled

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Fantastic result. 8kg is a very modest weight loss for someone achieving remission. You must have been just over your personal fat threshold.

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi everyone,

I’m new here.

Huraayyyyy!!!!

No more blurry eyes, pins and needles, sleep apnoea, kidney problems, and I’ve lost 8 Kg. I feel so much better and got my life back.

Andre
Hello, and congrats!

Reactions: ReversedT2D

clare56

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi everyone,

I’m new here.

Huraayyyyy!!!!

Andre
Congratulations Andre. That's a huge achievement!

Reactions: Sad21+

clare56

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've just discovered that my HbA1C has come down to almost normal (43) after being high in the summer (74). This is the second time I've 'reversed' my diabetes with a low carb diet, and I know I need to keep to it and continue to lose weight. I'm very pleased, of course and plan to stay on track.

Reactions: Sad21+

ReversedT2D

BANNED
Today I went out to an “Eat as much as you can until you drop dead gorgeous International Buffet”(Chinese, Indian, Italian, Brazilian Bar B Q, Japanese etc.) to celebrate reversing type 2 D.

so I tested my bloods -

before meal = 5.8
2 hours after meal = 13.8 feeling absolutely full
Another 2 hours later = 5.4

I only had 4 rounds. I should have had at least 10 rounds or more!!!

Reactions: Jayne1983

DCB 2

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Carry out out pizza commercials on the TV and people bringing in a fresh box of glazed donuts to work !!! (They are evil)
Today I went out to an “Eat as much as you can until you drop dead gorgeous International Buffet”(Chinese, Indian, Italian, Brazilian Bar B Q, Japanese etc.) to celebrate reversing type 2 D.

so I tested my bloods -

before meal = 5.8
2 hours after meal = 13.8 feeling absolutely full
Another 2 hours later = 5.4

I only had 4 rounds. I should have had at least 10 rounds or more!!!

Hi Andre !!!!!

Congrats on your remission, are you off your meds as well? If this this first time you are off your meds you will controlling your blood sugars with out their help so in some respects it is like starting all over again. so having a regular testing regime should help when the numbers are inching up. I do not mean to be a hard case, but I am in remission for the second time and want to stay that way. I took it for granted when in remission the first time and ate horribly and crated a huge mess and dang well determined to stay in remission this time.

I have discovered that my fasting numbers in the morning is a good measure of things. If they start to inch up I take correct action before things get out of control.

I will always consider myself a diabetic. Diabetes used to control me, now I control it.

Dave