Type 1 I am so worried about neuropathy

elie1102

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have Type 1 diabetes since 5 years and I am so worried about diabetic neuropathy. I often feel a burning sensation in my feet especially when sleeping or after eating a big meal.

what should I do? is keeping my HB1AC near 6 is the only solution? Can I still get neuropathy even when my HB1AC is good? My latest HB1AC was 7.0 the one before was 6.1.

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
No way to answer that unfortunately but good control over your sugars is important and exercise (arguably) the same.

I'd be visiting the doc for that as there are many and varied treatments which might work well for you

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
what should I do? is keeping my HB1AC near 6 is the only solution? Can I still get neuropathy even when my HB1AC is good? My latest HB1AC was 7.0 the one before was 6.1.
Keeping your Hba1C low and your variation about the average low help to reduce the risk of diabetic complications. It's not possible to say that it will stop complications completely as there are other factors involved linked to individual genetics.

Reactions: 2 people

elie1102

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Keeping your Hba1C low and your variation about the average low help to reduce the risk of diabetic complications. It's not possible to say that it will stop complications completely as there are other factors involved linked to individual genetics.

Thanks for your reply. I see you are using Freestyle libre for blood glucose monitoring. I am using accucheck performa. Should I switch to Freestyle libre? Can I benefit from continuous blood monitoring using it?

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Thanks for your reply. I see you are using Freestyle libre for blood glucose monitoring. I am using accucheck performa. Should I switch to Freestyle libre? Can I benefit from continuous blood monitoring using it?
I am of the opinion that everyone can benefit from Continuous Glucose Recording.