I am terrified. Any help much appreciated

Jackie1010

For the last 6 weeks the side of my right foot has been
Numb. Didn’t think much of it but the last week I have had a terrible burning sensation in my feet hands and face. I am now terrified that I have had undiagnosed diabetes for ages and now have some real and permanent damage. I am
Having bad night sweats and am
Going to the loo
More than usual. I have a drs appt this afternoon but am so frightened my anxiety is through the roof

Grant_Vicat

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Intolerance, selfishness, rice pudding
Numb. Didn’t think much of it but the last week I have had a terrible burning sensation in my feet hands and face. I am now terrified that I have had undiagnosed diabetes for ages and now have some real and permanent damage. I am
Going to the loo
More than usual. I have a drs appt this afternoon but am so frightened my anxiety is through the roof
Hi @Jackie1010 and welcome to this wonderful forum. Many of us have been in a very similar situation but not necessarily for the same reasons. During the many years when I was Type 1, so much anxiety went my way. Being bullied into injecting myself with frighteningly thick needles at the end of a glass syringe at the age of 8; suddenly being unable to read a station name plate just over the rails from where I was standing at the age of 13; facing the earliest laser treatment at the age of 20; being told I had Stage 4 kidney disease in my late 40's; waiting for dialysis to be started on 22nd August 2013 (never happened!); facing a kidney/pancreas transplant on 13th August 2013; apparent pancreas malfunction on 13th August 2018. Despite all this, I can still see very well, I still drive, still work as a teacher and still very much enjoy life. The great thing is that you are booked in for this afternoon. Whatever the outcome, our healthcare is designed to put us all in a better position. Whilst you describe obviously worrying symptoms, they would only get worse if nothing was done, but they could become better as a result of your initiative. I do hope so.

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Going to the loo

Hi Jackie. Easy for me to say BUT do not panic until you get to see your Dr.
Fingers crossed it will be something other than diabetes

Reactions: Grant_Vicat

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you. The appointment can’t come quick enough. My brain is overdrive imagining the worst
The worst being....? Diabetes? Because if it is, I can tell you there's hope here yet. https://josekalsbeek.blogspot.com/2019/11/the-nutritional-thingy.html Have a read, and take away some courage eh... If you are a diabetic, there is lots you can do, and if the foot issues you are experiencing are diabetic neuropathy, there's people here who have reversed it. It takes time, nerves need a while to heal and it won't be easy, but.... If "the worst" does come to pass, it's actually... Not quite as bad as you might think. Naturally I will hope it turns out to be something easily treated rather than a chronic condition, but... If you need us, we're right here to help you through.

I hope you won't... But if you do...
Right. Here.
Jo

Bapuboy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes
Don't be too worried, I use to have itching sore and sometimes numb feet but the Dr and exercise turned it around.
Not being a 'gym bunny' made exercise a chore but nothing compared to the foot stuff that has gone (also a bit of my tummy).

KennyA

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Going to the loo

Maybe you have had diabetic problems for a while. I found that the diagnosis was the start of change - I went extreme low-carb on diagnosis last December and my "burning feet" have almost entirely gone along with the lethargy and sweats and the rest. Message is, this can be turned round. Quickly.

Montrealer

My numbness has all but disappeared after dropping from 21.5 to 12.5.....still working to get it Down to 7.7 range.....been on metformin for 6 weeks

smitch02

Type of diabetes
LADA
Hi

Have you tested your blood sugar?
Do you drink a lot of alcahol?
have you lost weight recently?

the doctor will help you understand what is wrong. Stay as calm as youcan

good luck