I cannot believe this

joe159

Needles Needles and more needles' after reading this four I now know that "PUMPS" exist.

I was terrified of needles and not once in hospital or since has anyone mentioned pumps.

I have paid an absoloute fortune in taxes and NI contributions' my cat even pays tax when he goes to the vets, yet they have me sticking needles in myself and watching what I eat when I could have a pump and eat what i want.
Something is very wrong here.
Joe

graham64

Dislikes
Ironing, cooking, shopping. Pessimists, people with sense of humour bypass. Speed cameras Traffic wardens, Nanny state and Hypocrites
I'ts the cost Joe!
Cheers
Graham

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
I don't think you can "eat what you want" even with a pump. Which incidentally has to b connected to something under your skin

DiabeticGeek

An insulin pump is not a magic device that allows you to eat what you like and dispenses the correct amount of insulin. This is called an artificial pancreas. These things are under development (using several different approaches), but they are very experimental. There have been a handful of human trials, but there are still formidable technological hurdles to surmount. My guess is that it will be at least a decade, and probably longer, before they become mainstream. However, maybe one day :)