I can't see!!!

amy_vf16

hI guys,
I can hardly see as I am writing this, i have tpye 1 was diagnosed a week ago, and my vision has gone mental, blurry, easier to see WITHOUT my glasses on, its a PAIN! im sorry if any of this is spelt wrong cuz i really cant see!

My nurse says this happens...is this true? has anyone else had this?

please help!!!

also, every time i try to log into the chatroom it says "login already exists"! any ideas?

cheers, :)
Amy

lucati

Dislikes
Marmite!
One symptom of untreated diabetes is blurry vision. About 6 months before I was finally diagnosed with type 1, I was prescribed glasses as I had become short sighted. When I was diagnosed, soon after my eyesight became 20/20 again.

So leave the glasses off if it easier to see without them. From what you say am I right in saying that you needed glasses before but had a relatively recent change in prescription? If so, you'll need to change the prescription back. Hope that makes sense and helps!

jessie

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Amy,

Try not to worry, I think this happens to alot of people. My eyes were a bit blurry immediately before diagnosis, then when I was diagnosed and started using insulin and getting my blood sugar back to reasonable levels, I found I could hardly see a thing! I too could see better without my glasses on, and like you could hardly see to type or text. I convinced myself I was going blind but it does gradually get back to normal - mine took a few weeks and I couldnt drive during this time. I was advised to hold off getting a new prescription until it settled down.

Jessie.

lilibet

Hi Amy

Dont worry, It will go away in a few weeks and gradually get better. I had no problems before diagnosis and nearly had a heart attack when i was driving on the motorway and things started to go out of focus. Checked with nurses who advised that they had 'meant' to say that might happen

I wont tell you what I 'meant' to say before I left. Chin up hon, it will be fine. They recommend a 3 month wait before getting eyes tested again

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Hi Amy.
Glad to see you are back to normal ??

I had to stand the other side of the room to read your first post. :lol:

Ken

Trinkwasser

This is not at all uncommon, and should stabilise as your BG comes and stays down. Don't go getting any new glasses in the meantime though. Getting your eyes checked out would be a good plan otherwise, just in case it isn't related.