I don't want to introduce myself

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
If seven hundred people a week are being diagnosed then at least a thousand of them a week are going to show up here before long.
It'll be like a digital refugee crisis so I think someone will have to have a full time eighteen hours a day saying hello and welcome.
I nominate .....................

Reactions: 3 people

Mud Island Dweller

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
An awful lot.
Don't ask me to meet and greet you already know l am pricklier than a porcupine and my picture isnt a lie it sums up my deal with life. Just need some quills out my backside so you get a Rhinospina....me
Added to that l woke from a short deep sleep cause the room is too hot even with the window open and the fan blasting so come downstairs and about to go sit on the swing seat outside starkers cause it is cooler.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Don't ask me to meet and greet you already know l am pricklier than a porcupine and my picture isnt a lie it sums up my deal with life. Just need some quills out my backside so you get a Rhinospina....me
Added to that l woke from a short deep sleep cause the room is too hot even with the window open and the fan blasting so come downstairs and about to go sit on the swing seat outside starkers cause it is cooler.
I hope you managed to get some sleep MID. I have one of those cooling gel pad thingies to sleep on.

Reactions: 2 people

Mud Island Dweller

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
An awful lot.
Wasnt a good night like being back in the bad old days. Woke 23:00 sat outside reading till 04:00 back to bed read a bit more then alarm at 07:30
Am hoping it is just a one off as our house can get like an oven in the hot weather. Will see how it goe's but this heat is due to break in a day or so. l love hot hate humid and UK is very humid.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
And your problem with that is ???:mad:;):D

No such thing as too much of a good thing :D

Signy
Yes, I agree....but since when have cats been a good thing? I can think of a few good things, but cat's ain't one of 'em:cat::eek:

Heathenlass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I never did introduce myself. Sorry maybe I should start again?
Then if I did I could be someone else and maybe just be good enough not to upset anyone.

Or maybe I could just be a git and upset everyone. Sounds like more fun. But I am just a chicken which is why I don't have an avatar pic.

@Pipp, you are great as you are, oh person of mystery :happy:

Oh, and if you go through life without upsetting someone, you are doing something wrong :eek:

Signy

Reactions: 4 people

anteater2012

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
People who don't listen to others i.e. the 8 members of this forum I have put on ignore as they talk such utter **** all the time. This now includes the member who thinks they are a moderator.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I never did introduce myself. Sorry maybe I should start again?
Then if I did I could be someone else and maybe just be good enough not to upset anyone.

Or maybe I could just be a git and upset everyone. Sounds like more fun. But I am just a chicken which is why I don't have an avatar pic.
No, Pipp I didn't introduce myself in the beginning either. If I had received the message to complete my account then I would have just walked away from the forum and not bothered posting. These bright ideas are all very well, but we are all different. Those of us who wanted to introduce ourselves always did and those who didn't, didn't. That's called choice. If I had seen a message like that then I would have felt obliged to introduce myself. I know it's only a light hearted message really, but I wouldn't have received it that way. When you start introducing more structure you lose something elsewhere. But then you know I'm a self-confessed Luddite, so I am not going to applaud 'progress' am I?

Reactions: 5 people

Heathenlass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just for @zand ...
funny-sad-grumpy-old-man-club-dancing-girl-fun-once-awful-pics.jpg

forty six

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
On the subject of the heat does it make anyone else's sugars go sky high? Over the weekend I started Saturday and Sunday 11 and 9.5 respectively! Nearly fainted, and didn't want to eat at all. Today I'm back to 6.1

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I bet it almost got to 30deg :)

Wet towel, wring it out, lay it on your body. Have fan blow on it

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
Yes, it seems to be a common thing that BGs go up in this weather.

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
And I really don't like being told what to do by a computer :(

Me neither :mad::mad: - I got really ****** off when I saw that message popping up claiming my account setup was only 70% complete and I needed to introduce myself - after I've been fairly active on this forum for around 6 months...

And when I get riled, I get stressed, and when I get stressed, my blood pressure is liable to shoot up,and it's high enough already... And I can do without my so called support forum making me feel worse instead of better...

I think your non-introduction is brilliant Zand! :p I wish (I*'d thought of it first! ;)

Robbity

Say NO to bossy computers

Reactions: 3 people

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
OK so I've changed my mind, I would like to introduce myself. I'm zand, I Iike watching footie and listening to music - all music, but particularly rock ballads. And now you know everything about me!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 7 people

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
Hi Zand, good to know you!

Randburg

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Grey Cats
Hi Zand,
At last you are revealed :eek: