I found this very funny

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I found this very funny once I realised what I had done - but maybe I have a strange sense of humour.

Today we were on our usual early morning dog walk and I noticed that my eyesight had significantly deteriorated overnight and I couldn't read car number plates. I began to panic as I thought the diabetes had caused a sudden and serious deterioration in my eyesight and that the diabetic macular oedema and retinopathy had suddenly come back. Everything close up was very clear but everything in the distance was fuzzy.

Got home and reached for my reading glasses and picked up the varifocals that I should have been wearing. I had gone out wearing my reading glasses! What a relief - obviously a very senior moment.

Reactions: zand and Freema

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Not a senior moment at all @Krystyna23040, sometimes we need to defocus in order to then see clearly.
I have performed the same feat as you and I am sure many others have too.
Mystic vision I call it !!!

Reactions: Krystyna23040

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Not a senior moment at all @Krystyna23040, sometimes we need to defocus in order to then see clearly.
I have performed the same feat as you and I am sure many others have too.
Mystic vision I call it !!!
isn't it interesting that my first thought was that the diabetes had caused this - whereas anyone else would have immediately thought that they had the wrong glasses on.

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
isn't it interesting that my first thought was that the diabetes had caused this - whereas anyone else would have immediately thought that they had the wrong glasses on.
Ah, but as the American say: Hindsight is 20:20 vision.