Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well im losing weight in the last week and not really dieting

Stayed off breads pasta etc but eating fried

bacon , everyone here says its ok so im happy

But i think that treadmill walk for 15 minutes a day is cutting my weight
Hi Australia, I think you are doing great and I wholeheartedly agree with your exercise. I understand when people say that your diet is much more important when trying to reduce glucose but it's not all about that in my opinion. What about heart health, lung health and all the other benefits of exercise not simply in relation to your diabetes. Yes, you have to take it slowly at first and watch out for joint stress but a treadmill is easier on the joints anyway. I would say don't think of it necessarily as all about impacting your sugars but as it being a good thing for everything else....just like it is for a 'normal' person. Also, it can have a really positive impact on your mental well being and may be enough to stop you eating anything you know is rubbish. x

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
My view is contrary and in agreement with the comments above at the same time.

You are ready for the gym as you are taking yourself there, true Aussie grit. I love and associate with your attitude. I went down the route you are at diagnosis with walking and weights - it killed me at first, but I pushed through and obtained non-diabetic numbers....However with the benefit of hindsight this is what I would do given my time over with your motivation levels (and if you are prepared to push through):

1. Keto eating regime (it is true diet is the most important aspect, at circa 80 - 85% of the effort)
  2. Eat twice a day on either a 16 / 8 or 16 / 6 (this gives a lot of fat burning time and can lead to OMAD)
    1. Walk for 10 minutes after each meal
  3. Sleep as well as possible (aids repair, reduces the cortisol of the exercise, improves insulin sensitivity and is when fat loss ramps up)
  4. Gym
    1. Light weights with excellent form (this is more important than weight, don't over do it)
    2. Walking
      1. Varying is good such as inclines rather than just steady state (no requirement for running)
If you are a little insane then adding the additional training element will yield further results such as increase lean body mass, additional calorie burn, endorphins and sets you up well for your potential phase 2, when circa 30 kg has come off. On the other hand if you are struggling the majority view of diet only and perhaps walking can get ridiculously good results, and as the weight comes of exercise becomes easier.